This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 3/5/15

Hi Everyone. We had one slight glimmer of Spring come this week. The weather got above freezing one day which was encouraging. We set a record for the coldest February since temperatures have been recorded. Hey, what happened to global warming! It is hard to prepare for Spring under such conditions but it is worthwhile to plan ahead in spite of it all. Go to your closet where Spring clothes are waiting and assess what may still fit and what may be too big. Maybe some things may need to be taken in which is a blessing. Dream about what you might like to buy in your new size or what you anticipate will be your new size as Spring draws near or when Spring is in full flower. You deserve to reward yourself.

Hooray. I am down 1.5 pounds so now weigh 115. I will try my best to lose half a pound this week.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Mamabug, Good going. You are so close to the 120's. People can truly look to you and say, if she can do it I can do it. I am pulling for you to lose all you want to lose. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hsmaldo, it’s so good to see you back. We all know what it’s like to have the right answers and not follow through. We have all been there. Try to start with small goals, like 5 pounds to shoot for. The big picture can be truly daunting. Also, reduce food intake by a small amount so you don’t feel totally deprived. Your point about doing just what you can do today is a good one. Again, it’s a way to not feel overwhelmed. I know you can do it. PS If you haven’t read the post addressed to you on last week’s reply's I hope you will do so. She expressed sympathy and support to you specifically.

Malaholic, I do hope we see you this week and hope everything is going well for you.

hlburke87, I hope you are continuing to do so well and that we will hear from you when you have a scale available. Actually we would love to hear from you even if you can’t weigh.

Poohb3ar, very good. Sorry about that headache. Despite that you inched your way toward a new weight category. Good for you for continuing to eat more veggies. It will definitely pay off in the long run. Keep up the good work.

Portia, good going. That is a nice loss. You are going in the right direction. To answer your question, fluid can add a fair amount of weight. When I eat more salt that usual I may gain as much as two or three pounds. Reduce salt and added weight disappears after two or three days. For women who have not gone through menopause several pounds in fluid storage can occur throughout the month. An injury can certainly cause edema and thus weight which ordinarily goes away as healing takes place. Best of luck.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Yogurt is an excellent part of a healthy filling diet. For a thicker, creamier texture, choose no-fat, unsweetened or artificially sweetened Greek yogurt. Loaded with protein, calcium and natural probiotics, it makes for a tasty snack any time. It can also be used on cereal for breakfast. My usual grocery store has the most delicious artificially sweetened fat free vanilla yogurt in both regular and Greek. I alter them because they have a slightly different flavor from one another. They come in a quart size which is not too much for me.

Weight loss Results for 2-26-15:

Total Loss:

2.4 pounds by three members. We are back on track this week. It is really reassuring to see several members in the loss column. Sorry I was not one of them this week. I broke a perfect score by my gain. Sorry about that.

Total Gain:

3.8 pounds by two members. I am the shining example this week of what not to do. I hope my significant gain will act as a warning to others so that no one will follow suit.

Stayed the same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3657.8 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 350 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

Is it Thursday already?
    I weigh 165 this morning. Last week it was 164.6, and the week before it was 165.4, so I seem to be hovering in the 165 range. Got to crank something up a notch.

Hsmaldo, you're just the walking and exercise partner I need. I've got all the same excuses. It's too cold out. Winds are at 25 mph. I really need to finish that book that's due this weekend. I used to walk with a friend pretty regularly, but she moved away. I've just got to do it on my own now.
    Portia

Comment

Gained 4 lbs

2/26: 131.8 lbs lbs
      3/5: 135.8 lbs

Don't have a clue how that happened. Hopefully, since my weight looked better the previous two weeks, it will slip back down this week.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still at 115 and not complaining though dropping some more pounds would mean more clothes that fit better.

I'm hoping that my new pedometer will inspire me to walk more.

I'm a fan of yogurt. I eat some every day for lunch, and it's a great food to stock up on if you have dental problems that make chewing difficult. I never get tired of it.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Stayed the same this week at 213.7. At least the upward trend has been stabilized! Now we can begin the downward trend!

Originally posted by Portia View Post
          Hsmaldo, you're just the walking and exercise partner I need. I've got all the same excuses. It's too cold out. Winds are at 25 mph. I really need to finish that book that's due this weekend. I used to walk with a friend pretty regularly, but she moved away. I've just got to do it on my own now.
          Lol! Yes, I'd MUCH rather read a book than exercise--maybe we should both invest in books on tape so we can get the best of both worlds!! How are you doing this week so far?

Karen, thank you so much for directing me to that post in last week's weigh-in. I really appreciated it!

Comment

hey

just wanted to let you know that i'll be AWOL awhile. my counselor told me to eat right, but don't weigh or worry about losing weight.
            i'm going through a rough patch right now and she feels like i've got enough to handle without keeping up with my weight.
            sooo, it's TTFN, but i'll be back

take care & God bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, Pooh. Maybe we'll see you elsewhere on the boards in the meantime?
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                Thanks for letting us know, Pooh. Maybe we'll see you elsewhere on the boards in the meantime?
                you bet!
                i like to check out the new posts and make sure people are getting replies. plus i'm subscribed to several threads.
                hope to do a final 'Breast Cancer & Me' for the 'rest of the story'

thanks for caring!

take care ya'll!
                "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Pooh, we will miss you for sure. Please just pop in once in awhile and tell us how you are without mentioning weight issues. Wishing you the best, Karen

Comment

Yes, Pooh. What Karen said. Where IS that ((Like)) button when I need it?
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                    X