Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/5/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 2/5/15

Hi Everyone. Here we are in February already and we have passed Groundhog’s Day. Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, the traditional site. Here he also saw his shadow. As you all probably know if he sees his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter weather. If he doesn’t see his shadow there will be an early spring. It’s a fun tradition whether or not it holds true. Here in Illinois we can depend on six weeks of winter no matter what. I suspect you are all a bit tired of the cold and or cold and snow. Keep in mind Easter is coming soon and we can prepare ourselves for that by redoubling our efforts to shed those extra pounds for the occasion or for celebration of Spring. Now is the time to make a concerted effort to drop some weight each week. A pound would be great and two pounds would be sensational.

I weigh the same this week so again weigh 116. I truly thought I had done better this week but clearly I did not. I will try my best to get rid of at least half a pound this week.

Agate, that is terrific that you did not gain with all the angst you have had because of all that dental work. I am sorry to hear you are going to need more. I hope that will be the end of it for a long time. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Mamabug, good going. That is wonderful that you stayed the same after losing last week. Not to regain that lost pound is a definite step forward. Keep up the good work and think of new Spring clothes.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you and hope we see you this coming week.

Malaholic, I am so glad you found us. Good for you for your almost half a pound loss. I hope you did well over Super Bowl Sunday and I hope your team won.

hlburke87, Sorry to miss you this week and hope you are well.

Poohb3ar, happy belated birthday! What a good loss. I knew you could do it and to be lower than you have been for quite a while is wonderful. I’m proud of you for resisting that cake! Keep up the good work.

Portia, my goodness, 70 degrees and wearing capris pants. Send some of that my way! I’m sorry you had a small gain but I’m pulling for you to again lose. Keep thinking of all those snug pants that are just waiting for you to put on. Good luck.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.
    We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Let’s hear it for egg whites. Egg whites are high in protein and low in calories. Protein helps to stave off hunger but protein often is accompanied by fat including animal fat. Of course the egg yolk is highly nutritious but some may eat egg yolks sparingly because of the high cholesterol. Egg whites can make a low calorie nutritious snack without having to worry about excess cholesterol. An omelet can be made with three egg whites and one yolk for a healthy filling breakfast. I have to watch cholesterol and really like tapioca pudding which calls for an egg. I cut the yolk by half and I don’t notice the difference. I also cut up an egg white and add it to salad.

Weight loss Results for 1-29-15:

Total Loss:

1.5 pounds by two members. Good going. You two are our inspiration for the week. May we all follow your example.

Total Gain:

1.2 pounds by two members. Good for you for posting. It is a sign of commitment to the process. It is also a message of others to be careful.

Stayed the same:

2 members. Good going. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3646.5 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 400 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

I could have sworn I posted last week! Things are just crazy, so I guess I'm not surprised that I *thought* of posting, but didn't actually get on here to post!

Weight is up 1.9 lbs to 211.9

My portion sizes are too big and I'm snacking on junk too much and not moving enough. That about sums it up.

So my goal this week is to cut down dessert to every other night. I'm going to decrease my carb intake (no bagel with soup) and instead increase my veggie and fruit intake. And drink more water. And to check in next week--not just think about it!!

Comment

I stayed the same this time, 164.5. I need to get more sleep. That helps.
      Portia

Comment

woohoo!

hi!
        couldn't figure out where to search for last week's thread. i think i posted 154.8 as my weight. if so,
        down .9 lb! that was tues weight of 153.9. didn't get to weigh yesterday or today. between keeping my grandbaby and drs. appts i've not been able to do my usual exercise, weighing routine in the mornings.
        it seems if i don't do it in the morning, it doesn't get done. plus i don't weigh after i've eaten. i like to weigh same time, same conditions (before breakfast, etc).
        i hope that's ok that it's not a full 7 days.

portia, you're absolutely right about sleep! when i'm sleep deprived, my weight creeps up. plus there's a lot of studies out there that support the 7-8 hr sleep and weight loss. seems funny that to lose weight you need to sleep, since there's no calories being burned!

thanks for the tip, shrink. since i've been eating healthier, i've consumed a lot more eggs & it's working!

have a great week everyone!

God bless ya!
        "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

forgot!!!

thanks for all the birthday wishes! it was a fun day!!! (even if it means i'm getting old ;p)
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Gained 0.3 lbs

2/5: 134.2 lbs lbs
            1/29: 133.8 lbs
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

200lb with 65 to lose - limited mobility

Hi All,

I would love to join this group as I have decided to shed the extra weight to help my general health and Mobility

So, at 5ft 5 and 200lb have a long way to go.

What diets have worked for you guys who also have limited mobility?

I've been checking out Chris Powells Carb Cycling

Thanks for all your advice and help

Much Love
              Rach

Comment

Lost a pound!

I've fluctuated a lot recently but this week I'm down 1 pound back to my prior low of 112.0. In 2 weeks it will be my 10-year wedding anniversary, and while I still have several pounds to lose before I'd fit back into my wedding dress this is also the lowest I've been in probably the last 7 of those years.

So that's the good news. The bad news is that my stomach is looking...strange...again. It's like the "pooch" below my belly button has actually grown while the upper stomach has gotten flatter. And the shape of the pooch isn't even pleasantly round, but a little bit angular. I don't quite know how to explain it but it really looks quite abnormal in profile. I seem to notice that effect most in the days immediately following a Copaxone shot in my stomach; instead of a localized bump like I get elsewhere it's like the whole fatty area swells up to an odd-shaped peak. Gonna have to do some research to find out if this may really be due to the shot.

Portia, Poohb3ar, you are right on about sleep. I don't know why that's the case, but it definitely seems to hold true.

ShrinkKaren, regardless of what the scale says at this one point in time, I know overall your efforts last week will help move the needle the right direction.
                Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Hi MrsChip. We would love to have you join us. People have or have had various methods of losing. Some have been on Weight Watchers. Some have used various rotation diets. Some have just cut down portions. I lost my biggest weight on Atkins but it must be strictly adhered to in order to work. I lost the last ten pounds just by portion control. Atkins is controversial. The most important thing is to reduce the amount of food eaten. Weight Watchers is the most tried and true. I don't know if one can access it on line. It is highly useful and recommended to weigh and measure everything that goes in the mouth each day. Also it is best to set small goals such as aiming for a five or ten pound loss and self rewarding but not with food.

Just post your results each week. I start the process from Thursday to Thursday but some find other days of the week to be more convenient. The important thing is to weigh and record the same day each week.

I do hope you will join us. This process has been going for about 13 years and the total weight lost has been over 3600 pounds! I hope we see you soon. Blessings, Karen (ShrinkKaren)

Comment

Special welcome to Mrs. Chip! Your post struck me because I too was 200 lbs. and 5 feet tall. Losing excess pounds did help me to feel better, have more energy and better mobility. Actually I weighed 205-214 or so. That was back in 1984. I got down to 108, and it took about a year.

I did keep most of that weight off. I'm at 115 now but would like to get back to 108. At 115 I'm still in the OK range even though I'm now 4 feet 11 inches. It's a battle but the results start to show up quickly.

When I was heavier, I had to nap for 2 hours every day. Now I nap for an hour or less. I'm sure that the excess weight was the reason I needed more rest.

I didn't appreciate pep talks from people who were of normal weight at the time when I was trying to lose weight. I felt like such a failure, and I resented the people who weren't failures like me. But I did keep at it in spite of the constant hunger pains. I had to weigh in at the doctor's every month, and I think that helped to keep me on track. I was supposed to lose 2 lbs. a week.

As for this week's weigh-in, I stayed the same this week--115.
                    MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Working...
                    X