Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/29/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 1/29/15

Hi Everyone. Can you believe it is almost February already! It is not too soon to start thinking about Spring and what new wardrobe changes we may need. Try to use Spring fashions as a motivator to get rid of a few pounds. Think of what you would like to wear considering your new projected weight. I found in my weight loss journey as I came closer to my goal weight I would wear things I would never think of wearing when I was a butterball. Spring is truly a time of renewal.

I am sorry to report that I gained half a pound this week so now weigh 116. I am somewhat surprised because I really did watch my food intake. I will try my best to get rid of that extra half pound this week.

Agate, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope you aren’t continuing to need dental work. Do let us know how you are.

Mamabug, good going. That loss is almost a pound which is a good loss. Losing when so close to one’s ideal weight can be a greater challenge than when one has a lot to lose. Keep those fractions coming off.

Hsmaldo, it is so good to see you returning. That is wonderful that your sister was there for you during your surgery recovery. That was a boon that you lost weight but sorry you gained some back. But do not despair I know you can reverse that trend. Best wishes.

Malaholic, sorry about your gain but I am sure it is temporary. Just keep on with your weight loss plan and it will show on the scale in no time. Don’t be discouraged..

hlburke87, just remember that staying that the same is success. It is much better than gaining and truly is the time before the next loss. You are so close to being in a new decade which you can use as an incentive. Best wishes.

Poohb3ar, another good loss. Good for you. Following the plan laid out in your book is a great idea. That helps keep one focused. Thanks for tips on eating in restaurants. Ordering from the kid’s menu is a terrific idea. I actually did not know restaurants allowed such. Ordering appetizers or side dishes is also a good idea. Keep your focus.

Portia, what a good loss! Congratulations. You are definitely headed toward your goal weight which I have every confidence will happen. Keep up the good work.

Ailsinngrace, sorry to miss you but hope we hear from you this week. Be well.

Barrister16, so sorry to miss you this week. Do let us know how you are doing.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for eleven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week.

Dried fruit sounds like a healthy snack, right. Not so fast. It may or may not be. Commercial dried fruit is usually laced with sugar and salt. Also, it is very easy to snarf down a large amount of dry fruit because it seems like it is so little. Home dried fruit is better than most commercial dried fruit but still has the dense factor. It must be weighed or measured to maintain calorie control.

Weight loss Results for 1-22-15:

Total Loss:

6.2 pounds by four members. Great week. This is proof that it can be done. May we all continue with such success.

Total Gain:

1.4 pounds by one member. Posting weight gain is a good sign. It is a sign of commitment to the process. It is also a message of others to be careful.

Stayed the same:

1 member. Good going. As we know, staying the same truly is success, especially for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

3645.0 is the total weight loss for the past 12 years. Now we have hit a new milestone. We have now lost over 1.75 tons in total. That means we only need to lose another approximately 400 pounds to reach two tons. That is awesome.

lost another 1.1 lbs for 154.8! lowest in months!
    but... today was my birthday and the 1 1/2 slices of pizza and decadent choc. ice cream cake slice was heaven!!!
    haven't had but 1 bite of choc cake since the New Year!

but, i did buy the smallest cake they had and there's now only 1 1/2 slices to deal with. bet my grandchild won't mind eating choc. cake for breakfast to help out grandma!!

good tip on dried fruits. didn't realize that until recently. i thought i was doing well eating them. no wonder i've had trouble losing/ keeping off weight.
    now raw apples, oranges, carrots all taste great to me!
    so glad to not have unbearable cravings!
    (well, ok, the cake is calling from the freezer. but i'm not listening!!! )

take care & God bless ya'll!
    "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Happy Birthday Poohb3ar I lovvve chocolate cake. But chips are my big craving. Especially at work.

Well, I am up to 164.5 this week. I guess I expected it since I have no idea where the loss came from last week.

As for spring clothes, just this Wednesday it was 70 degrees here and I had an opportunity to wear capris. I got home from work, threw on some capris and a t-shirt, and went for a walk around the neighborhood and downtown. It was so nice! Now they are calling for snow in a few days, haha. But I tried on some of last year's capris, and many of them are just a bit snug. There are also 5 or 6 pair I've never worn that are too small. I thrift store shop, and when I find a pair I like that are one size too small, I buy them. So I have a lot of incentive to lose weight folded up in my wardrobe.
      Portia

Comment

Still at 115 but happy there's no gain yet in spite of having somewhat improved teeth now. Another broken tooth is on its way out, however, and so this blissful state of being able to eat nuts and popcorn and crackers may not last long.

Dried fruit is really something to be careful about, and that includes raisins, which are a great snack but they add quite a few calories, considering their size.

Belated happy birthday, poohb3ear!
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Glatiramer acetate 40 mg (= Copaxone) 2021- 3/16/24

Comment

Stayed the same

1/22 : 133.8 lbs
          1/29: 133.8 lbs
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

down 0.4

I am late in posting. Having some issues with the new website. :S Anyway, my weigh-in for last week was 113.0, so down 0.4 from prior week but still a pound up from my low. Super Bowl Sunday is probably not going to have helped me when I hit the scales later this week. :S

PoohB3ar- Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you indulged just a bit - it's worth it to celebrate you!!!
            Sx since 2007; Dx Oct. 2014. Started Copaxone after Dx...praying that it's working!

Comment

Working...
            X