Vaginal tens unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaginal tens unit

My Naturopath has suggested trying this to see if it helps with my incontinence. One of my doctors has recommended a suprapubic catheter, but I would like to try other methods first. Has anyone tried one of these? Thanks.

I have not, but know someone who went to PT for it, and during PT, they also used the tens unit. She said it was weird in the beginning, but the PT really did help. How much was the therapy versus the tens unit, she doesn't know. It is a specialized form of PT called pelvic floor PT. Not all therapy groups offer it.

​​​​​​I can understand trying to exhaust all avenues before getting a catheter. I wish you good luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I haven't tried to tens unit, but I've been getting Botox treatment every 4 months or so and it;s helping me a lot with incontinence!! I'm down to wearing 2-3 thins pads a day. One during the day and maybe 2 at night when needed. You might want a referral from your Dr to see a urologist in case you want to explore this avenue.

Good luck with whatever method you choose!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks to both of you for this information. Everyone here is always so helpful!

Comment

Working...
        X