Announcement

Collapse

WELCOME TO OUR NEW HOME!

Hello MSWorld Members,

Welcome to our new home! We hope you love it as much as we do!

we promise.

to offer current and relevant information.

to grow a community built on positive and affirming support.

to showcase member creativity.

to provide safe chat rooms.

to provide well moderated forums.

we believe that what we give as a community comes back to us.

welcome to MSWorld on this journey through a different lens. together. we are msworld.
we are. community.

We appreciate your understanding as we finalize our new home. Our arcade is still currently under construction and won’t be available for a while. Thank you for your patience while we prepare a new and improved arcade for you.

enjoy our new home.

support reimagined.
See more
See less

Bowel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowel problems

I know we all get embarrassed by this topic and avoid it if we can so I am assuming those reading this have or had problems with their bowels. I had MS for over 25 years, no problems overall.... however it seems the past year or 2 I seem to have a harder and harder time with bowel control. It's come to a point where I feel like I have to go and thats it!! if I am not running to the bathroom I will probably have an accident. It's not diarrhea or anything like that. I really am embarrassed to talk to my neuro about it and I been suffering with this symptom where it seems like it's just gotten worse. I had a colonoscopy last spring, should I call my gastro or neuro. I am terribly embarrassed by this.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to your Username on black bar running across top of page > My Settings > Edit Profile**
    Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

I commiserate

I wish I had ideas besides talking to your doctor. Better embarrassed in front of a doctor than in front of an audience.
    All I want to say is "waaaa" ! It suck doesn't it. I have been there. Maybe bring an emergency bag with a change of clothes and a washcloth or wipes. And some cologne.
    I dont go anywhere without mine for any accidents.
    Teresa

Comment

I think I will call a gastro today. I have severe back and neck issues, herniated discs, degenerative disc disease and herniated discs. I wonder if that could be causing this.
      Suspected MS 1985. dx 1994 still RRMS EDSS 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by Katje View Post
        I think I will call a gastro today. I have severe back and neck issues, herniated discs, degenerative disc disease and herniated discs. I wonder if that could be causing this.
        Bowel and bladder urgency are common MS problems, one of my first symptoms in my 25 years since diagnosis.

Comment

....forgot the urgency in my reply that seems to have disappeared. I have to "run" to the bathroom every time and don't always make it, I walk with two canes so there is no hurrying here. I am just more aware of what and when I eat if I am going out.

Comment

Originally posted by Katje View Post
            There is a condition from low spine herniated discs called Cauda Equine that can cause bowel incontinence!! Get checked!
            MS - diagnosed 2/05/2013

Comment

Working...
            X