Wiping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiping

Hi guys I haven't posted in awhile but I'm hoping someone will see this right away and give me advice. I'm having trouble with wiping after I get done having a BM. I can bearly reach around to wipe with the way my left side is and I'm afraid I might cause myself to have some spasms and fall off the commode. And I'm so imberesesed to call an aid to help as well as a lot of them seem like jerks and I feel oncomfertable to ask for that kind of help.

Hi Bobby- thanks for writing. If you are living independently on your own, you might want to invest in an bidet attachment that c an be installed and attached to your toilet. My 40 yr old son and his family live in Argentina and all the toilets there are this kind. He loves them and said once you have onee, you never go back.

Here is a list of top recommendations - https://www.trustedreviewes.com/us/b...SAAEgIHDvD_BwE

I am thinking of getting an attachment myself! Hope this helps.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Great recommendation Seasha. I have a friend with one and he won't stop talking about how great it is.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

I thought I made it clear. I'm in a nursing home. I'm just imberest about having to ask for help.

Comment

Hey Bobby!

There are wiping wands that aren'r very expensive, maybe $10. - $18 or so.

You don't have to lose your balance trying to reach around to your backside.

You can use it from the front, as it extends several inches.

PS I don't like calling for help either in the nursing home.

I'd rather do things myself!

i'm glad to have help when needed, though usually we have to wait a l-o-n-g time for the call light to be answered!

PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X