Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urol dynamic study

Has anyone had this study? Does it hurt? Please tell me about this test

I've had it done twice. It really does not hurt. They will place some sensors on different spots and insert a cath. Once everything is in place, they will fill your bladder via the cath, when you have the urge to go, they will have you sit on a commode and and have you urinate. The sensors will collect data on how your bladder is/is not working. It is a little bit invasive, and and all modesty kind of goes out the window. It's over fairly quickly and you'll be on your way like nothing happened.

Good luck with the test.

Comment

UD testing

I did have this testing done, years ago. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Not great though. I was in a room with one nurse who was wonderful. She made me feel as comfortable as I could have been. And the test sure gets a lot of information about what's going on. Good luck.

Comment

That was my experience also. It wasn't painful, just a bit uncomfortable but the nurse was super nice and I felt the information was very valuable.

I wouldn't want to do it again but I felt it was worth it once.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I had it done at Menningers and my neurologist has done it a number of times. I hardly know it's being done. There is no pain- at least there wasn't for me. I have had uncomfortable test but this wasn't one of them. I am thinking of you.
          Barbara J Franzen

Comment

I'm so glad I found this post! I'm having this testing done tomorrow and I can't help to be nervous!!

Thank you for all of you that posted your experiences. Helps ease my nerves a little. Just can't wait for it to be over! First this testing then lumbar! Did I mention I can't wait for tomorrow to be over! Lol

To the poster.. Sorry cant remember your name. I hope your testing goes good!

Comment

Originally posted by Misstiegan View Post
              I'm so glad I found this post! I'm having this testing done tomorrow and I can't help to be nervous!!

Thank you for all of you that posted your experiences. Helps ease my nerves a little. Just can't wait for it to be over! First this testing then lumbar! Did I mention I can't wait for tomorrow to be over! Lol
              So how did it go?

I'm having this test next week and like you, am not looking forward to it.

Comment

Sorry just saw your reply and I'm sure u have had your test by now. I have to say it wasn't the worst thing I've done, but wouldn't look forward to another! Lol I couldn't handle much fluid when they were filling my bladder. Apparently my nerve signals are completely messed u as the dr put it! Haven't gotten the official report yet.

How did yours go? Hope it went well!

Comment

Originally posted by Misstiegan View Post
                  Sorry just saw your reply and I'm sure u have had your test by now. I have to say it wasn't the worst thing I've done, but wouldn't look forward to another! Lol I couldn't handle much fluid when they were filling my bladder. Apparently my nerve signals are completely messed u as the dr put it! Haven't gotten the official report yet.

How did yours go? Hope it went well!
                  I had to postpone my test due to another relapse. It's tentatively rescheduled for later this month. I'll come back here to comment on my experience.

Comment

Working...
                  X