Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Husband newly diagnosed

Hello.

I am Cheryl. My husband was just diagnosed with MS. Needless to say, we are both a bit overwhelmed.

It is all just beginning to sink in. We are researching to determine which medication he is going to start on.

This is all new territory...

the national ms society (nmss)has many good topics, this is for newly dx ppl, http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...sed/index.aspx

this site (from nmss) is about treatment options, http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...nts/index.aspx
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Cheryl,

So sorry you had to find your way here, but you picked a great place to be for information, support, and to ask questions.

It is overwhelming, so feel free to ask away. I was just diagnosed 6 months ago and found this to be a great source of information.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
      Prob MS 9-14-04; Dx PPMS 9-16-11; RRMS 12-15-11
      Ampyra 10mg 2xday
      Copaxone 1/20/12

Comment

Hi Cheryl

I am happy to help in any way that I can.

My husband was diagnosed March 2 2011.

It is overwhelming and I could not help but think all the worst possible outcomes when he was diagnosed.

Number one - I educated myself. Books, websites, etc. From trusted sources such as the National MS Society. I asked the doctors questions. I joined MS World.

I was 5 months pregnant when he was diagnosed. I learned to keep positive. My nurse practioner who ironically also is the np for the neurology office where my husband was dx said to me if all the worrying would get you somewhere it would be worth it. But it does not. Also that of all times to be diagnosed this really is a good time. So many medicines not only to alter the course of the disease but for many of the ms related side effects.

My husband selected copaxone as his dmd and we love it. I help administer shots. In his last mri brain lesion shrunk lots! And no new lesions.

Keep active and eat well. We also do not dwell on the disease nor talk about it much. We live life as we always did well except for our new little addition to the family.

If you have questions please ask. This is a terrific site. Oh and Shared Solutions offered a class that I attended. It was great. And be an advocate for your husband whether at the dr, insurance companies etc. I take care of ordering his meds and scheduling appointments. One less thing he has to worry about.

Peace.

Comment

Working...
        X