MS is in my family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS is in my family

The following quote is from my cousin on Facebook. She has been taking care of my uncle for a long time. Just thought you might like to hear a little of his story.

So in the interest of full disclosure and to prevent what we have had in the past..which was years of "Oh, I didn't know that, no one told me". And I preface this with full knowledge that my brother will not like that I am sharing this and will be royally pissed off at me. BUT.....As some of you may or may not know, my father has been battling Multiple Sclerosis, Bulbar Sclerosis and Frontal Temporal Dementia caused by MS. He has what is known as Primary Progressive, nonfluent aphasia also. Meaning that over the past 2 yrs my father has gone from the guy you all knew with the produce stand all over Cleveland who was outgoing and knew everyone to not being able to talk, having progressive muscle wasting and now he has been falling at least 3 times daily. This has required him to have 24hr... a day care.

This unfortunately has necessitated me to seek a facility that can provide that care. I am trying skilled nursing first to see if that will produce results, but the sad truth is that he is probably not rehab-able. Long term care is probably what is going to be the answer. I have tried to keep him at home. And the guilt I feel can not be described. Just so my brother knows , if he reads this, I am not looking for a pat on the back or sympathy. I just want to change what has happened forever with my father's family, which is no one knew what happens with anyone else. Say a prayer for my dad today and everyday. He is a wonderful soul who worked harder than anyone I ever have known and he doesn't deserve this. But we don't decide our fate, it is decided for us and we have to believe that He knows that we can handle that which is handed to us. ♥
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Continued prayers for your family Marti-

I now understand your story and it your uncle that is the one with MS....
    Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

Marti, you and your family are in my prayers.
      Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
      UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
      X