don't know whether I'm coming or going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't know whether I'm coming or going

I have had MS for about 5 year now that I have known of..

My husband is in denial he say's things like when I can't remember things "oh I do that all the time" I am tired too, he says he is tired of working and doing everything I said it is called taking care of your family..

we have two kids a daughter that just turned 18 and a son that turned 13, I have always been the one and still is to go to my daughters horse shows, Drill compitions (he has never gone to one) 4-h and scouts with my son. He does not want to go anywhere or do anything and gets mad when I do with or with out the kids.

We are behind in the house payment and he seems like he dosen't care if we loose the house or not , it is in his name and my mom's (she is another story) I keep saying we need to do something but he ignores it.. We have been maried 18 years now and all we do is fight. He is jealous of my dog I am training for a disability dog because she is with me almost 24/7. we are going to start going to marrige counsoling.

but my problem now is I am having symptoms of fatigue and back problems but everytime I say something is wrong he has it too.. I can not even have a cold because he does when I do.. I have been very depressed and take meds for it and he complains how much medication I am taking.. He drinks and will admit that he is an alcoholic he takes beer to work and says he drinks it on his way home from work.

He blames all the money problems on me I have told him many times to take over the bills and he just says I don't want him to do that and it just goes right back to me having to try to pay the bills. All he does is go to work come home grab a beer fart around doing what ever and then go up stairs and go to bed but not before starting with smart remarks or starting on the kids.

thanks for letting me vent,,,

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

IMO...you know what the biggest problem is here? You are depressed, have MS and live with an alcoholic. That would make me upset too.

I read you are doing something about your depression (good for you), but what is your husband doing about his alcoholism?

Katie

Comment

Was he accustomed to you doing everything in the past? Well, things have changed now. Too bad! This is how it is, now. Everyone needs to pitch in. Including him. Sounds like you have another teenager in the house.
      Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

I am sorry about your situation. But I understand you, my husband also doesn't seem to pay much attention when I have a new complaint, which makes me feel like I am just nagging. . I hope you do go to marriage counseling and get this taken care of. Best wishes. Hang in there.

Comment

I hope the marriage counseling will help you both to move forward in a positive direction ....

Sending you positive thoughts and energies to deal with all of this !
          Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

Working...
          X