anybody else feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anybody else feel

that they will soon need a live-in caregiver but they cannot afford one by themselves? Are you concerned about the home environment you are living in? I am. I know that I have both good and not-so-good things going on in my home; the good stuff (like my loving grandson) makes it hard to make any drastic, sudden change. At the same time I realize I need to start reaching out, find what I really have to offer and to whom … if that sounds like I don’t know what it is I’m interested in, a roommate or what?, a soul mate, that’s right. I'm not sure, I'm trying to let Life show me the way naturally; it would probably be best to start by being more available to friendships first and foremost.

I'm interested in lots of things. I like wry humor. I like loyal, affectionate and non-demanding people who are growing every day a little, not simply growing old.

Having the same struggle. Good luck to you.

Comment

anybody else feel

Thanks Rod and good luck to you as well! I read a couple of your posts so I got an idea what's going on with you. Maybe someone in your city is in the same boat! Explore your options. Tell folks what's going on and something will turn up for sure.

Comment

We are definitely on the same page...

Originally posted by onthesamepage View Post
        that they will soon need a live-in caregiver but they cannot afford one by themselves? Are you concerned about the home environment you are living in? I am. I know that I have both good and not-so-good things going on in my home; the good stuff (like my loving grandson) makes it hard to make any drastic, sudden change.
        Not a "live-in" caregiver but one who would come in maybe 5 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm so concerned about my home environment that I'm leaving it within the next few weeks.

Originally posted by onthesamepage View Post
        At the same time I realize I need to start reaching out, find what I really have to offer and to whom … if that sounds like I don’t know what it is I’m interested in, a roommate or what?, a soul mate, that’s right. I'm not sure, I'm trying to let Life show me the way naturally; it would probably be best to start by being more available to friendships first and foremost.

I'm interested in lots of things. I like wry humor. I like loyal, affectionate and non-demanding people who are growing every day a little, not simply growing old.
        This last paragraph is so beautifully said, so honest...the exact way that I want to approach this new phase.

I'm battling PPMS. I feel like I'm about to walk into a dark forest, I'm walking in alone. There is a terrible beast in the forest (PPMS), no one who has walked in the dark forest has walked out. However, there is rumor of a sunny green meadow, with fair damsels...if you can make it through the forest without the "beast" destroying you.

Comment

Working...
        X