all out of love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all out of love

My husband has Type 1 diabetes, diabetic retinopathy, a seizure disorder, depression, and MS. I knew about the diabetes and the seizures when I got married. I loved him. Now, 16 years later I am not the same. I care for him, but to say that I love him the way I should I don't. I stay because I feel bad. He has no one else. Me. And our 11 year old daughter. I am miserable. He is on a emotional roller coaster. Half the time I hate being at home. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any advice?

I hate to sound cliche, but have you considered counseling/therapy for yourself, and/or for both of you? I think maybe before you give up, maybe consider this? Just a thought.....

Comment

Yes, try some counseling before doing anything.
      Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

I am sort of in the same boat, Married 17yrs husband on a rollercoaster as well, I am trying to find my way as well but have found here that people listen and know what we are going thru, it has been invaluable. Is he or u willing to try the counseling? mine isn't I really wish he would for all of us.I hope everything works out for the best for you, your daughter and DH.

Comment

I don't really think MS should be a huge factor in deciding what is healthy for your life. I agree that counseling would be a great step to start and sort through your feelings and what would be best for you and your child.

Good luck and remember there are people all over going through the same thing without a chronic illness. Marriage is difficult and things change as we grow and mature.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Working...
          X