My introduction :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My introduction :)

Hello everyone! My name is Libbie and I've been struggling with MS for almost 17 years. WOW - I didn't even realize it until I just had to think about my answer!

I was officially dx in 2001, about 6 or 7 years after my first major symptom (optic neuritis) and after several occasions of numbness & spasticity in my arms & legs.

Over the years I've had ups & downs like everyone. A period of remission which lasted long enough for me to get comfortable... And now I am getting hit pretty hard on a daily basis with the reality of living with MS full-time.

So with my new limitations, new symptoms, and needing to change and adapt in so many ways, I've started to understand the need to connect with others about what we are going through. I'm hoping to reach out to others here for mutual encouragement!

I'm a wife & mom in Maryland (anyone else here in MD?) taking it one day at a time. My true personality wants to plan my future, work from "dusk 'til dawn", and run a tight ship at home. However, MS has done nothing if not taught me that the future is always unknown, my body has limits, and it's okay to slow down and relax!

Hi Libbie

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

So with my new limitations, new symptoms, and needing to change and adapt in so many ways, I've started to understand the need to connect with others about what we are going through. I'm hoping to reach out to others here for mutual encouragement!
    Connecting with other persons with MS can be very beneficial. We don't have to feel alone with the challenges of living with MS. And this site is great for sharing experiences, information, and support.

Living life one day at a time works well for me too.

However, MS has done nothing if not taught me that the future is always unknown, my body has limits, and it's okay to slow down and relax!
    Well said, Libbie!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Libbie,
      Sorry to hear you've been suffering so long with this. I love what you said, "I've started to understand the need to connect with others about what we are going through." That's exactly where I am, making the decision this past week to "connect". I don't post much, but it sure is nice to finally not feel so isolated with all this. I'm glad your joining us.... Kimberly
      1st neurological event 5/29/10. Dx 4/29/11. Avonex since 8/20/10. Age 41 & still smiling.
      Because we have hard times, we really know how to appreciate the good times

Comment

Thank you KoKo & Kimberly! It was nice to hear from others already. I look forward to reaching out even more and also reading about experiences people have been having, suggestions for different things, and sharing in the ups & downs of life with MS.

Comment

Hello smelling books!

I too have been trying to connect with others and feel so grateful to this site. Like you, I am trying to change on how I deal and react to things in managing my household and work along with the unpredictable MS. I used to be the active Mom and some days it is tough. Yesterday I was quite fatigued and just ran out of steam. Ahhh!

The blessing is now I am more focused on living in the present and not trying to plan so much. It is hard as our society is quite planned. This disease is forcing me to take it one day at a time. (Sometimes one hour at a time too!)

:-)

Glad you joined MS World!!

Comment

Welcome!

17 years! Nice to meet you, I look forward to more posts from you.

Smellingbooks? Now where does that name come from? I currently have an old book in a plastic ziplock in the freezer because it smelled so dusty and mildewy

Comment

Working...
            X