HI MY NAME IS KATE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI MY NAME IS KATE...

I'M 35 AND I LIVE IN THE NW SUBURBS OF ILLINOIS. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH RR MS IN OCTOBER 2003. (ACTUALLY ON MY B-DAY...NICE PRESENT HUH! LOL) I AM MARRIED WITH 3 KIDS. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING NEW PEOPLE THAT UNDERSTAND HOW IT IS TO HAVE MS.

Hi Kate

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

I'M 35 AND I LIVE IN THE NW SUBURBS OF ILLINOIS. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH RR MS IN OCTOBER 2003. (ACTUALLY ON MY B-DAY...NICE PRESENT HUH! LOL)
    Crummy birthday present, for sure!

How are you doing - 7+ years with MS? Hopefully you're more remission than relapse.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING NEW PEOPLE THAT UNDERSTAND HOW IT IS TO HAVE MS.
    You're at the right place for connecting with people who understand living with MS. Feel free to ask questions, and share your experiences!

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Kate,
      Welcome! Sorry you're here, but you'll find this is a great resource for all things MS.

I grew up in Schaumburg, have a sister in lsland Lake and Lyons.

Small world...
      Opiegirl, Dx 1991
      Have never used DMD's.

LDN 9/2011-9/2012 & just started again 6/14
      Estriol 9/12-present
      Still Hopeful.

Comment

Hi Koko!

I have been really blessed in that I didn't have any exacerbations for 7 years. Just minor things going on and daily MS annoyances. My neurologist was starting to question if I really had MS, but I knew I did b/c of how I felt daily. I wasn't on any DMD for awhile due to the birth of my kids and just feeling much worse in general if I took it vs. how I felt normally. My neurologist even agreed with my decision. Unfortunately, last year was a real challenge for me and my family and the stress of it must have been too much b/c I had an exacerbation (pretty bad one) in August. Fortunately, I fully recovered. Just within the last month I'm having another one now. However, I am grateful it hasn't been too bad and I don't need steroids for it. I'm going in for my MRI's on the 14th (blah!) to find out what's going on in there. I feel like I'm doing a little better every day so I'm so happy and grateful!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Comment

Hi Opiegirl!

Nice to see a fellow "Chicagoan" on here. Island Lake is 10 minutes from me. Small world is right! I was just in Schaumburg the other day with my kids at Legoland. I hope to "see" you on here sometime. Take care.

Comment

Welcome KC!

I was diagnoses in 2003 too (as I recall), maybe I should check my own profile to be sure! That makes us related Hope you continue to recover from your flare!

Comment

Thank you Justsayyes! I'm doing okay. Still dealing with the flare up. It's been over two months now, but at least it's not getting any worse. This flare up is not severe enough to have steroids so I'm just waiting it out. I had my MRI's done last Thursday so back to the Neurologist soon.

I hope you're feeling good as well!

Comment

Originally posted by KC View Post
                Thank you Justsayyes! I'm doing okay. Still dealing with the flare up. It's been over two months now, but at least it's not getting any worse. This flare up is not severe enough to have steroids so I'm just waiting it out. I had my MRI's done last Thursday so back to the Neurologist soon.

I hope you're feeling good as well!
                WELCOME ABOARD KC....

I was diagnosed Feb 2011 at the age of 51 I AM IN DEEP DENIAL.

Are you on any type DMD medication? I am not on any DMD medication at the moment. I guess my ms is in remission.. have not had any flare ups.. not that I know of.

Ms. Jay

Comment

Welcome to the Boards. Sorry for your Birthday present, I was dx'd with Ms in 2005 on my birthday.
                  You have come to the right place though, to get laughs and great support and advice.
                  Again welcome and hope to see you around
                  Kari

Comment

Working...
                  X