Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life can take a turn

Hi

I am a 50 year old male still serving in the Canadian Forces. I currently have 26 years in. I was training last march when I was struck with what my neurologist says is MS(95 percent sure) Since last March its been a roller coaster with all the symptoms many of you have mentioned. It is very difficult being struck with this diesease and your life taking a sudden 360 as well many of you know. My wife has been the pillar to keep me going. I have 6 kids, blended family and life is going on even though I feel sick most days. I guess all I can do is soldier on and make the best of it.

Take care
    Tom

Well we're here for you Tom. It's not a death sentence though remember that. Have you been prescribed anyting yet?

Comment

I can relate. Time has helped me adapt to my new reality.
      Hope you caught this early and did not ignore symptoms for a long time. A strong, supportive family is really important.
      This is a great place to come for support should you ever need it. I wish you the best as you deal with your MS, good luck.

Comment

Hi Tom

Welcome!

Since last March its been a roller coaster with all the symptoms many of you have mentioned. It is very difficult being struck with this diesease and your life taking a sudden 360 as well many of you know.
        Yes, it is very difficult having a disease like MS which can suddenly turn our lives around. I'm sure it's especially difficult for you, having been in service for your country for 26 years. You have given of yourself for a long time.

My wife has been the pillar to keep me going. I have 6 kids, blended family and life is going on even though I feel sick most days. I guess all I can do is soldier on and make the best of it.
        It's nice to know that you have a supportive wife and family. That certainly helps.

We can only do the best we can, taking good care of ourselves and making the best of the situation.

If you have questions, feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Hope you're feeling better!

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
        X