Thankful it's MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankful it's MS

I am a 39 yo mother of 4 and was hospitalized on christmas day 2010. Lost the fine motor skills of my right arm and leg. CT showed large mass on left side of brain. There were 2 very small lesions on the right side of brain also. After 5 days of steroid injections and three weeks of PT I fully regained all motor skills lost. Neurologists went back and forth between MS and brain tumor. Had to biopsy to figure out what mass was. After 6 MRI, 2 spinal taps and yes, a brain biopsy they were able to identify that it was demyelination disease not astrocytoma.

My neurologist confirmed MS the end of February 2011. I am thankful that while I have a long unknown road ahead of me, MS is treatable. I will begin medication in a couple weeks. I have told my family and close friends and am very fortunate to have their support.

Not as crazy as it sounds

I saw an osteopath before seeing my neuro - thought it was a pinched nerve - and the radiology report from the MRI he gave me said "lesions on spine indicate MS or a tumor."

A tumor? On my spinal column?

Yeah, the neuro and my subsequent MS DX were seemed oddly re-assuring.
    Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Hello lwol

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

I am a 39 yo mother of 4 and was hospitalized on christmas day 2010. Lost the fine motor skills of my right arm and leg. CT showed large mass on left side of brain. There were 2 very small lesions on the right side of brain also
      Wow - what a Christmas that was......

After 5 days of steroid injections and three weeks of PT I fully regained all motor skills lost. Neurologists went back and forth between MS and brain tumor. Had to biopsy to figure out what mass was. After 6 MRI, 2 spinal taps and yes, a brain biopsy they were able to identify that it was demyelination disease not astrocytoma.
      It's great to know that after the steroids and PT, you have regained the motor skills that were lost.

My neurologist confirmed MS the end of February 2011. I am thankful that while I have a long unknown road ahead of me, MS is treatable.
      I can understand the relief of a diagnosis of MS, as opposed to brain tumor.

I will begin medication in a couple weeks. I have told my family and close friends and am very fortunate to have their support.
      It's great that you have supportive family and friends. That really helps!

Good luck with your medication!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X