New, But Not Really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, But Not Really

I'm a 24 year-old full-time graduate student and retail worker, and was diagnosed with MS at 18 during my first semester of college when I woke up with Bell's Palsy one morning. It didn't really heal, which led to testing and the diagnosis. I didn't really know about boards like this one until a few days ago, but I've been looking for something to try and connect to for a while.

Both of my parents have sisters with MS, so I'm surrounded by people who understand the theory behind it, but they don't really seem to get what I'm dealing with, and I really don't have time for support group anythings. I've looked through here and seen what people have written, and consider myself fortunate. I'm on Avonex and a Gluten-free diet, and I haven't had any major MS-related issues in about five years. (Just side effects from those blasted shots...) I wish we could all say the same. But this looks to be the place to find the kind of connection I could really use.

welcome

I am new here too. Everyone is very kind. Hope you find the support you need.

I am pondering going to a gluten-free diet.
    Momma to 3 little ones

Comment

Hi laura b

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

I didn't really know about boards like this one until a few days ago, but I've been looking for something to try and connect to for a while.
      Glad you found this site. You won't have to feel alone with the challenges of MS, and you will feel connected with other members who understand.

I'm on Avonex and a Gluten-free diet, and I haven't had any major MS-related issues in about five years.
      Good for you - hopefully you continue to do well.

Good luck with school and work!

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X