Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was diagnosed 12/2/10. After a couple of falls, was sent to a neurologist. The shock and disbelief still comes and goes. Apparently have had it for years. I remember not being able to walk for about 2 weeks - 15 years ago. Lots of tests but no diagnosis. Thought I was crazy. Over the years, I have always said "I get the strangest symptoms from stress!". In more recent years, I blamed various symptoms on neck or back surgeries or meds related to those (couple of bad car accidents).

So, it has been almost 2 months since dx of RRMS and 1 month of Copaxone. This past week, I feel like a am really having a mental breakdown. I know it may sound selfish, so many people have worse problems than I do, but telling myself that does not always help. I do not know how people can "get on with their lives". The present has me going crazy, I can't even imagine what the future holds for me. So many various symptoms, and I don't know which would be considered a relapse or is just part of daily life with MS.

Websites have failed to answer these questions for me. On my mother's urging, we went to a local MS support group, it was great, they treated me great, but I cannot help thinking that these people are the small portion of people that can and want to go out and about. Just a bad day (weekend) and I hope it wears off. Just wanted to vent. I realize there are no perfect answers and nothing is going to take this away and get me back to my life.

I am (was) an RN, married to an understanding man but he gets drunk every night and have an adult daughter living on other side of country. Most other family members, I have spent the last week fighting with when I know I should just keep my mouth shut to keep peace. I have 3 wonderful little dogs that are like stuck to me 24/7. Anyway, glad to find a place to vent.

***Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many of our members have vision problems with large blocks of type.***

I think all of us have been there at some point. There isn't an easy answer.
    All I can suggest is this...Don't blame yourself for being frustrated or mad. And no, you don't know what the future holds for you. Try to consider that a good thing. Because the horrible symptom of today may not be there next week. There's value in saying carpe diem.

Comment

Hello Starzilla

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

You can come here to vent and share your feelings whenever you need to. Most of us can relate to what you're going through. Some members have been where you're at now, and some are currently going through the same stuff.

You are newly diagnosed (only 2 months), so the shock and disbelief are understandable. Give yourself some time. Many of us have learned to live one day at a time with the MS, doing the best we can.

This site may help you get through the rough times. You can see how other members cope and deal with the challenges of living with MS.

Feel free to ask questions and share you experiences.

There's plenty of useful information and support here.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X