LIVING W/MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LIVING W/MS

Hello my name is Jamie and I was diagnosed two years ago. I just found out about this forum. I'm trying to get more involved with others affected by MS as well to find out coping methods etc. I'm also looking to for a support group within the Houston area that has participants within the age group of 20's and 30's. If anyone has any information that would like to share with me on coping methods or anything else please feel free to contact me.

Hi Jamieka

Welcome to MS World!

Glad you found the site! It's a good place for info, support, and sharing the experiences we have with the challenges of living with MS.

If interested, here is a link to your local chapter of the National MS Society (Houston area). If they don't have a young adult support group already, you could find out how to start one.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/cha...ces/index.aspx

Also, if there is a specific issue that you are having trouble coping with, please feel free to share it. We have various forums for specific topics such as Medications, Nutrition, Ladies Room, Young Adults, Assistive Devices, etc. and also the General Questions and Answers Forum.

Hopefully you will benefit from the forums.

Any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Houston MS After Hours

Hi Jaime,
      I do know the MS Society has an MS After Hours group for people 18-35. I think its held the 1st Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. The info should be on their website. I haven't been to one yet but I hope to make it soon as I would also like to meet other people in their 30's living with MS.

Comment

Hi Jamie.

Glad you are here and reaching out to others with MS.
        Consider getting in touch with older people as well as young people. Both are very important.
        I was in your shoes a long time ago. I appreciated the wisdom older people shared and I also appreciated people my age, too.

Getting involved is great and I applaud what you are doing!

Comment

Great to hear from you. Keep checking sources and asking questions. We are here for one another. Hope you can find a local support group. But. . . we are always available for each other.
          This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

FROM OKLAHOMA

I'M FROM OKLA. AND THE MS SOCIETY WILL FIND A SUPPORT GROUP WHERE EVERY U ARE U R IN MY PRAYERS

Comment

Working...
            X