Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Diagnosed

Hello,

I am 32 and received my diagnosis last week. Had my first attack in September 2010. My mother was diagnosed in the early '90s and passed away at the young age of 47 in 2006. She was always in pain and lost her mobility within 10 years. My doctor has assured me that there is no reason to believe that my experience will be similar. Of course he has no idea what my experience will be like; no one does. The unpredictability is very difficult for me.

I have 4 beautiful children - ages 16, 4, 2, and 9 months. I earned my MBA in July 2010 and am engaged to be married in June of this year. Needless to say the diagnosis has made it hard to feel as positive about the future as I did even six months ago.

Hi Kimberlyyvonne

Welcome to the MS World Forums- nice to meet you.

I am 32 and received my diagnosis last week. Had my first attack in September 2010. My mother was diagnosed in the early '90s and passed away at the young age of 47 in 2006.
    Sorry to learn that you were recently diagnosed with MS, and also that your Mom had MS and has passed away at a young age. That must be very difficult for you.

My doctor has assured me that there is no reason to believe that my experience will be similar. Of course he has no idea what my experience will be like; no one does. The unpredictability is very difficult for me.
    None of us has a crystal ball to know the future. About the only way I know to live with this unpredictability is to try to stay focused on living in today, and not catastrophize too much about an unknown future. It does takes practice!

I have 4 beautiful children - ages 16, 4, 2, and 9 months. I earned my MBA in July 2010 and am engaged to be married in June of this year. Needless to say the diagnosis has made it hard to feel as positive about the future as I did even six months ago.
    You have some wonderful accomplishments! Four beautiful children, an MBA, and an engagement to be married. Do the best you can, with what you do have, one day at a time.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

WELCOME KIMBERLY!!!! Good to have you. As koko said, nnoone can say what you can expect due to the unpredictability of ms. Don't dwell on it, you can't change it. In the meantime, enjoy life!!!! Good luck.

Dave
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
      X