my story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my story

I was diagnosed in 2004 after losing my eyesight in my left eye. The last 6 years ive had no real problems just tired some times. I started running in races 5ks 10ks Halfmarathons. This summer i started training for the Marathon and things were going great ,with 2 weeks to go started to get vertigo . I went to the neurologist and he said i was relapsing. I went in on 12/8/10 for IV steriods,i actually feel worse my head hurts all the time very dizzy. My wife keeps saying i need to be patient.

I am sorry you are having a relapse. It is hard to patient when you just want your life/health back. The steroids made me feel worse too. I hope you start feeling better soon. I took IV steroids and it took about 5 days after my last dose until I started to feel myself again.
    Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Hello Rudy

Welcome to MS World!

This summer i started training for the Marathon and things were going great ,with 2 weeks to go started to get vertigo . I went to the neurologist and he said i was relapsing.
      Sorry to learn of your relapse - especially when you were two weeks away from running the Marathon. That stinks. And I'm sure that was totally frustrating for you. It's extremely difficult having to slow down when we've been so physically active.

Hopefully the relapse is coming to an end, and you'll be back to running in the spring.

Looking forward to seeing you around - let us know how you are doing.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X