New To MS and Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New To MS and Forums

This is my first time on a forum and I am new to the MS world. I have been told recently by my neurologist that he is 70% certain I have MS, but he can't say for sure until I have another MRI. So with that in mind I am attempting to educate myself. I found this site, and am glad I did. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I begin this journey of discovery?

Hello TomD,

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society has a wealth of information about the disease.

This URL should get you started:
    http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...sis/index.aspx

Also, feel free to ask questions and we will do our best to answer them.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hello TomD

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

There is a ton of info at the NMSS site that Snoopy suggested. If you're in to hard copies, you can find the local chapter of the National MS Society in your area and obtain brochures, etc.

I think you'll learn alot browsing these forums too.

Let us know what you find out when you get your MRI results. We're here for sharing experiences, info, and support.

Best Wishes!

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Tom, one thing to be careful of- don't sell yourself into new symtoms.
        Definatly do the research into the "mechanics" of the disease, just understand that its NOT about having symptoms A, B, and C and if you don't have those symptoms then it must be something else.

Comment

Hello and welcome to the site. I am also in the process of my neurologist dx whatever is going on with me too. I have a spinal tap on the 29th. Best of luck!
          Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
          ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Working...
          X