Back Here Again, but still new!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Here Again, but still new!

I have visited and participated on this forum since 2006. That is when I first had sx of a neurological kind.Had all the tests( well, not all but most) to rule out certain diseases. I was finally referred to a rheumatologist, he gave me a dx of Fibromyalgia.

We treated that with medications that helped enough for me to still cook, clean, walk short distances....
    That was 4 years ago.

I had a relapse of neuro sx. This time was pretty bad, I was unable to walk for 5-6 days using a wheelchair. I happened to be in a psych hospital at the time, more on that later.

From there I was sent to a new neuro. Too soon to tell if he will perform different tests than in the past. He has requested my records from all the Doc's I have seen. He mentioned looking at tests that have been done and we will decide which ones need to be repeated.

I have been on SSDI for 2 years due to the pain issues I have. The most bothersome was/is spasticity in my upper back and neck.I take muscle relaxers for that. Now I have been battling spasms in my back and legs.

I won't bore anyone with all my sx's, because if you are here, then you probably have them too.

I just need to go somewhere, where I feel understood. Compassion abounds here, and I need the comfort this forum provides me.
    Hope to connect with you soon.
    Hugs to all,
    Kat
    Kat
    SX since 2002,no MS dx yet
    Ever hopeful, forever grateful

Hello KitKat

Welcome back!

I had a relapse of neuro sx. This time was pretty bad, I was unable to walk for 5-6 days using a wheelchair.
    From there I was sent to a new neuro. Too soon to tell if he will perform different tests than in the past. He has requested my records from all the Doc's I have seen. He mentioned looking at tests that have been done and we will decide which ones need to be repeated.
    Sorry to learn that you had neuro symptoms that caused you to become unable to walk for awhile. How are you doing with that now? Much better, I hope.

Good for you that you have a new neuro who will hopefully repeat some tests. It doesn't seem like Fibro would cause all that you've been going through.

I just need to go somewhere, where I feel understood. Compassion abounds here, and I need the comfort this forum provides me.
    It's nice to know that you feel understood here at MS World, and that you feel a sense of comfort too.

Keep us informed on what your neuro finds, and what tests you will be having. We'll be here! And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

YES THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO RECEIVE COMPASSION AND ENCOURAGEMENT. SORRY YOU ARE HAVING SUCH A ROUGH TIME OF THINGS. WITH MS IT CHANGES DAY BY DAY. TAKE THINGS ONE DAY AT A TIME. DO TODAY WHAT YOU CAN. ENJOY LIFE. MAKE SOME GOALS THAT YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND REST. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU SO MAKE SURE YOU CONTINUE TO SEEK REASSURANCE.
      This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Working...
      X