Compassionate friends are a blessing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compassionate friends are a blessing.

Being a friend to someone who has an illness is about showing compassion. It's about utilizing our spiritual compass that allows us to help someone rather than belittle them when they are down. Because whether you agree or disagree, we're really all in this together. Therefore, my mission as a spiritual being is not to step on anyone when they are down, but to lend a hand to lift them up.

I have learned that being in severe pain myself caused my family to suffer as well, a pain that can best be understood fully by another person who is suffering, or by my closest family members or friends, their hearts are suffering because they feel a certain amount of helplessness, they suffer emotionally because I am suffering.
    As my own pain subsides, I know that the people suffering physically need caring, love and support, and I would like to talk or chat with people who feel that together we are stronger, together we stand, and we do need to stand together, and support each other.

Hello Stopthepain

Welcome to MS World!

Being a friend to someone who has an illness is about showing compassion. It's about utilizing our spiritual compass that allows us to help someone rather than belittle them when they are down. Because whether you agree or disagree, we're really all in this together
    Well said! You have a great attitude and a compassionate spirit.

Looking forward to seeing you around here! Any questions, just ask and we'll do our best to help.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

In agreement

Stopthepain that is exactly why I joined this site. I am in total agreement that together we can help, support and just make each other feel like we are not alone.

Comment

We are not alone.

Knowing there are other people in this crazy world who suffer the same way we do, and we can support each other and feel like someone actually cares, makes the pain go away.

Originally posted by nana-anne View Post
        Stopthepain that is exactly why I joined this site. I am in total agreement that together we can help, support and just make each other feel like we are not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stopthepain View Post
          As my own pain subsides, I know that the people suffering physically need caring, love and support, and I would like to talk or chat with people who feel that together we are stronger, together we stand, and we do need to stand together, and support each other.
          Thank you for this, stopthepain. We are standing (some sitting ) with you. And might I add that we support each other not only with physical pain, but with the emotional and mental pain as well. MS takes its toll, but we bravely do what we can!!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X