Hello from the new kid on the block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the new kid on the block

I have suffered for 30+ years. It started out being sick all the time when I was a kid. The Drs didnt think I would live to see 8 years old. I was always a step behind physically. It was many years later that I was officially diagnosed in '06 with MS. A couple of years ago they thought I was not having enough fun and added peripheral neuropathy to the mix. I have issues with my right eye being blurry. I have lost most of my strength(I am 6'2" 275lbs). I have the numbness in my left side from my waist up to my shoulder most of the time. My legs from above my knees down feel prickly like I have sat on them for a while and they go to sleep and get numb. Then you try to get up and they dont work right and hurt like hell! I take Betaseron and was told I have delevoped the antibody for it(just keeps getting better huh?).

My MS Dr just put me on a narcotic for the pain that doesnt really do much more than take the edge off. The cog-fog is there. I know what I want to speak but the mouth just cant find the words to spit out. The one great thing is I have a strong healthy son about to turn 4 next week that brings me greatest joy! My wife of 10 years has stuck it out with me and I cannot give her enough kudos. I have read many posts and feel for all those fellow MS-ers like me. I thought I was alone, but now know there are enough others that know the pain and depression as I feel on a daily basis. My hat is off to all of you for continuing to fight against this dispicable desease. Thank you all for being here and sharing your thoughts and worries so the rest of us can feel some assemblance of strength in numbers. God bless you all.

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

Hello Cypher

Welcome to MS World!

Sounds like MS has not been very kind to you.

I have lost most of my strength(I am 6'2" 275lbs). I have the numbness in my left side from my waist up to my shoulder most of the time. My legs from above my knees down feel prickly like I have sat on them for a while and they go to sleep and get numb. Then you try to get up and they dont work right and hurt like hell!
    My MS Dr just put me on a narcotic for the pain that doesnt really do much more than take the edge off.
    I can really relate to your loss of strength and your legs not working right. I am fortunate that I am not having the severe numbness and the pain that you are dealing with.

The cog-fog is there. I know what I want to speak but the mouth just cant find the words to spit out.
    Cog-fog can be extremely frustrating. I deal with that from time to time.

The one great thing is I have a strong healthy son about to turn 4 next week that brings me greatest joy! My wife of 10 years has stuck it out with me and I cannot give her enough kudos.
    So glad for you that you have a wonderful wife. And I bet your little boy is the cutest!

I thought I was alone, but now know there are enough others that know the pain and depression as I feel on a daily basis. My hat is off to all of you for continuing to fight against this dispicable desease. Thank you all for being here and sharing your thoughts and worries so the rest of us can feel some assemblance of strength in numbers. God bless you all.
    This site is beneficial to those of us with MS for the reason you mentioned - we don't have to be alone with the challenges of MS. I believe that you are right about the strength that comes when we're all sharing our thoughts and experiences, and knowing that we're in this together.

Thanks for your sharing. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
    X