Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I am new here and I was diagnosed with MS in Feb. 2010. It was not a surprise, yet it was very life changing.

I am married and I wonder sometimes if my marriage is the same. I take Avonex. So because of the side affects Wednesday til Friday I am sick. I am not the same happy and outgoing woman that he married. Something has changed between us and I cannot lay a finger on it.

I adore baseball. I am a Yankees fan. When my hands allow me, I also do Brazilian embroidery. It is hard, but I love it.

I really do not know what else to say, except hi and I'll see you around this board.
    yankeesonlygirl
    Always hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Hello

Hello,

Just like you, I am new to this support group. I was recently diagnosed in May 2010, my world was turned upside down. This support groups has some very interesting topics and helpful information. I look forward to chatting with you later.......

Comment

Hello Yankeesonlygirl

Welcome to MS World!

I take Avonex. So because of the side affects Wednesday til Friday I am sick.
      Sorry to learn that you have side effects, and you're sick for almost half of the week. MS can make us feel crummy enough!

I adore baseball. I am a Yankees fan.
      I'm a baseball fan too! But I love the Detroit Tigers. Sorry about the Yanks losing in the playoffs. I was rooting for them. They have a few ex-Tigers now on their team. Did you ever get to go to a Yankees game? I used to go to Tiger Stadium, and then when they built Comerica Park, I went there a few times. So much fun! I'm only about an hour away.

When my hands allow me, I also do Brazilian embroidery. It is hard, but I love it.
      I don't know anything about that, but sounds interesting!

Glad to have you here. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, everytime they come to town I go to the games, I love it. I am just glad the Rangers got beat, since they took the Yankees out of the running for the world series. Ha ha!
        yankeesonlygirl
        Always hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Comment

I have been on Avonex for 9 months and I will tell you that for me the side effects have really decreased. I do take the injection at night and I premedicate. The past several months I now wake up feeling great the day after the injection. Your body will begin to adjust. Hang in there. Your husband will learn to handle the disease as you become more comfortable with it.
          This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Hi there, and welcome to our little "family" I was just dx'd this year as well and it was also not a surprise to me either. I wonder was there anything in particular that caused you to know? I only wonder because I feel like I had known for quite some time before I even had any real obvious symptoms that I had MS. Maybe I'm just weird!

Comment

Working...
            X