Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm New

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to MSWorld, I was recently diagnosed with MS in May 2010. My world has been turned upside down. I went from a independent woman to a dependent woman, which has taken some getting use to. I am 39 years, went from walking with a cane to a walker now walking with crutches, I am the the mother of two wonderful girls 20 and 14 who helps me alot, and a husband of 21 years who is so use to me doing everything has his hands full. I have a good support team, but at times it can be overwhelming.

It took me a minute before joining this group, I just keep reading the different threads and I keep really relate to some of the different topics. My husband has told me for the longest to join a support group and I kept blowing him off, he really got on me one night so I finally start researching different sites and this really caught my eye, so I am really thankful for my husband for staying on top of things.

My problem started over 2 years ago, I thought I was just having a knee problems, so I went in to see the dr, she referred to a PT, which did not help, this went on for a while then the pain went to my back, just numbness, tingling on my left side. For a year they treated me for a herinated disc with cortizone shots nothing helped. I have all MRI's, CAT scans you name it I had it done. Finally I changed dr's she order a Head MRI, that's when they found 12 leisons on the left and several on the right. All this while, I was being treated for back pain.

I have started my Betaserone injection every other day, PT twice a week and now I waiting to receive my AFO.

Hello Bosslady

Welcome to MS World!

I am 39 years, went from walking with a cane to a walker now walking with crutches, I am the the mother of two wonderful girls 20 and 14 who helps me alot, and a husband of 21 years who is so use to me doing everything has his hands full. I have a good support team, but at times it can be overwhelming.
    Sorry to learn your MS has been progressing in a short time. It certainly can feel overwhelming. Maybe it will ease up for awhile now.

It sounds like you have wonderful daughters and husband.

My husband has told me for the longest to join a support group and I kept blowing him off, he really got on me one night so I finally start researching different sites and this really caught my eye, so I am really thankful for my husband for staying on top of things.
    We're glad to have you here! I'm sure you will benefit from the helpful information and the shared experiences of our members. It's good to know that others can truly understand the challenges of living with MS.

Finally I changed dr's she order a Head MRI, that's when they found 12 leisons on the left and several on the right. All this while, I was being treated for back pain.
    Good for you for being proactive and changing doctors!

I have started my Betaserone injection every other day, PT twice a week and now I waiting to receive my AFO.
    I'm sure PT will help, and hopefully the Betaseron will keep relapses at bay. I have used an AFO for several years now, and it has helped alot. Lifting my foot/leg to walk is much easier with the AFO on. I'm wishing it helps you too.

Any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome

Glad to have you join.

I have had MS for 25+ years and those first several years were the hardest. It does not help with the vagueness of the disease but eventually one does learn to live with the changes it makes in your life and it helps to have someplace to get answers to questions from some else who has gone through it--REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE there are more people than you know out there

God be with you on your journey

Comment

Thanks KoKo,

This support group has really helped alot so far. I am looking forward to meeting and chatting with other MS patients, just because everyone has different experience.

Comment

Thanks Milhous,

It is good to know that you(we) are not alone. MS is such a silent diease that no one really speaks about it. Well, I guess I didn't realize it until I was diagnosed.

Comment

Welcome! Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.
            http://moviesonlineworld.com

Comment

welcome bosslady!!!! glad ur here!!! i also had quick progression rtoo. canes to walkers, all that jazz.you`ll get awnsers to any questions you have, and support too! good luck.

dave
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

welcome to you rachel476 too!!!!!

dave
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer