Caregiver for lots of years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caregiver for lots of years

Hi everyone. Not sure if this is the right place for me. My mom was dx when I was 7 months old. She passed shortly before my 18th birthday. During this time my Dad and I were her caregivers. I never looked for a support group during this time because frankly I didn't have the time too Now it's almost 9 years later and I am a stronger person because of all I went through and maybe my situation and experience would be a good thing to share. My Mom would be a proud Mom and Grandma now if she were alive and I thank my lucky stars that she was MY Mom.

Welcome

We are always glad to have the family grow. I know you'll be much appreciated with all your knowledge and support.
    Welcome.....

Comment

Hello Sssm

Welcome to MS World!

Not sure if this is the right place for me. My mom was dx when I was 7 months old. She passed shortly before my 18th birthday. During this time my Dad and I were her caregivers. I never looked for a support group during this time because frankly I didn't have the time too
      You are welcome here. Sorry to learn that you lost your Mom while you were so young. I really admire you and your Dad for being caregivers for your Mom!

Now it's almost 9 years later and I am a stronger person because of all I went through and maybe my situation and experience would be a good thing to share.
      You have a beautiful attitude. I'm sure your experience can be beneficial to our members. You might want to check out our Relationships and Carepartnering Forum too.

My Mom would be a proud Mom and Grandma now if she were alive and I thank my lucky stars that she was MY Mom.
      I'm sure your Mom would be very proud. She's probably smiling right now.......

Looking forward to your sharing of your perspectives and experiences.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks Happy and KoKo!

Comment

Working...
        X