This year has been terrible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year has been terrible

This year has been terrible... my wife moved out back in May, I turned 61 and we 'observed' our 40th anniversary, and our eldest son died in October.
    RRMS: dx:March '07. Started CombiRx June 2007 - Avonex or Copaxone or Both; Study unblinded Nov.2011 - have been on only Copaxone.
    "e lascia pur grattar dov'e la rogna" (Dante "Divine Comedy")

I'm so sorry, especially about the death of your oldest son. I hope 2024 is a much better year for you!
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

I'm so sorry also. I will say a prayer for you and I pray your days get brighter
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Sending sympathy for the passing of your son, ridgerunnr11. I too hope that 2024 is more peaceful and less stressful for you
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Very sorry to hear. My deepest condolences on the loss of your son.

Marriage can be hard, then MS comes in uninvited, always lurking around.

I truly hope 2024 is a much kinder and gentler one for you.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Expressing best wishes for a better new year.

Your wife moved out and you "observed" your 40th anniversary. Maybe the split is somewhat amicable?

I'm so sorry for the loss of your son. A parent should outlive their children. It's sad when that timeline is reversed.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I will say first thing I am sorry for the loss of your son. My wife is still in my life. MS was here before the marriage, or the dating for that matter. The 2023 year wasn't all bad for me. I had a second hearing for SSDI and the administrative law judge found in my favor. I wound up losing my balance and falling breaking my hip. I was in the hospital from June 17 to July 3.
              Finally in August my Social Security started coming. The main bad thing has been though was how my Dad got my "new" PCP's nurse practitioner to write a letter to Social Security saying that I need someone to handle my money for me. I can handle my own money. That nurse practitioner didn't know me from Adam's housecat.
              I guess I should tell you the reason for the "new" PCP is that my neurologist is not in with the hospital where I do my Tysabri infusions so once I had insurance again they wanted me to see a "preferred" provider. I saw the nurse practitioner and was telling how I had to see a "preferred" provider. Then when I was checking on stuff with my Humana Medicare Advantage plan and the "new" PCP did a prior authorization for Tysabri and Ocrevus.

Comment

Working...
              X