PLEASE READ - MSWORLD AND OUR FUTURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE READ - MSWORLD AND OUR FUTURE

today i looked out my window and spotted this beautiful tree. in a short time its leaves will fall as it takes on a desolate appearance. my birthday is coming. thinking about the past 27 years, volunteering to usher into the world, MSWorld. a true gift that quickly became my life purpose. the joy i’ve experienced helping others is overwhelming and humbling. i’m grateful every day for the help and support i’ve received and the lifelong friends i now have. it’s a difficult journey, living with MS. diagnosed in 1988 my life has been partnered with this for 36 years.

at 66 today
    the lessons from engaging with MSWorld have been life changing and have made me a new person,
    feeling happier and healthier than ever before. my course with MS is progressing, however, i remain forever grateful as i know and believe that
    wellness is a state of mind.

thank you everyone.

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 8.18.09 AM.png

this beautiful tree reminded me to reflect carefully about MSWorld: our past, present and future. we are faced with a financial challenge.
    we need your help.
    kathleen wilson MA, MFA
    founding president

“Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love — but the greatest of these is love.”

Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 8.19.02 AM.png

think about the number of times you visited MSWorld in the past year and the value you got from it. can you donate $5.00 per month?
    our leaves are falling as we approach winter and our doors may be forced to close down in only a few months. after 27 years dedicated to helping each other. we want to keep going!

with that said, we are asking our members to think about how important MSWorld is to you.

when 3% of our membership donates just $5.00 each month, MSWorld is 100% self funded & free to keep doing exactly what we do. our site is completely run by people living with MS.

it is hard to know who and what to trust online these days with disinformation and scammers everywhere. but, we are different: not perfect, but also not here to make a profit or to push a particular perspective. MSWorld is all of us together. we want to maintain free access to support and information that impacts our daily lives. we are grateful for the time we’ve had and look forward to what’s ahead! together we can, we can keep going.

here is where your donation goes.

technology: private servers, bandwidth, maintenance, development, software, security updates, accounting, etc. only the very necessities to provide a safe and secure platform for MSWorld. we operate on a fraction of what other websites spend.

people and projects: other MS websites have hundreds if not thousands of employees. we work effortlessly as a team of fewer than 15 people, who are dedicated, experienced, kind and committed to providing a welcoming and help driven environment. your donation is a great investment towards helping others and building good in our world. you can trust that MSWorld is a highly-efficient not-for-profit organization. we are selfless and service driven, focused on people before profit.

MSWorld, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) and your donation is tax deductible. (Federal Tax ID #65-0803842)

we will never sell or trade your information to anyone.
    neat and tidy.

we promise to keep working our hardest to maintain the integrity of our community and offer first quality services. will you help us all stay together?

we will prosper in new beginnings.
    financial stability is a necessary foundation but
    far less important than
    the love and support we share within our community.

READ MORE HERE

MSWorld Administration

Thank you for posting this in our newsletter and on Instagram and, I suppose, on Facebook (although I don't do Facebook). Such heartfelt expressions from Katherine! You certainly have my monthly donation support!

Better yet, I will give a one time donation for the entire year.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Can people who live outside USA donate using that form?

Comment

Originally posted by sing_a_long View Post
        Hi sing_a_long,

I have asked our Forum Manager to answer your question. When I know, I'll let you know!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Thank you for posting this in our newsletter and on Instagram and, I suppose, on Facebook (although I don't do Facebook). Such heartfelt expressions from Katherine! You certainly have my monthly donation support!

Better yet, I will give a one time donation for the entire year.
          Thank you so much Seasha! You are wonderful!
          MSWorld Administration

Comment

Originally posted by sing_a_long View Post
            Hi Sing_a_long,

Thanks so much for asking!

The best way for people to donate who are outside of the US is via our MSWorld and our future Fundraiser page HERE, our PayPal Giving Fund HERE or you can send a check to MSWorld, Inc. 2381 Fruitville Road, Sarasota, FL 34237 USA

Unfortunately due to shipping costs we don’t currently ship international.

Thank you!
            MSWorld Administration

Comment

Thank you ForumAdmin & Seasha,

I was diagnosed in 2003, and MS World helped me a lot during my earlier days of MS when my disease was unstable.

Those posted links were quite helpful.​

Comment

I'll be happy to donate. Do I need a form to donate with a check and mail?
                God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi REG- You can either mail with check to the address given above or donate online.. To donate online:

Go to the above email (PLEASE READ). It will get you to the Xpress newsletter.
                  Scroll down to CONTRIBUTE HERE. It will get you to the MSWorld donation form.
                  Fill out and submit.

This is how I did it. If you run into any problem, let us know.
                  And thank you for your donation.

Comment

Thank you Seasha. I donated online.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                      Thank you Seasha. I donated online.
                      thank you!