New at this illness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New at this illness

I just found out that I had ms about 2 months ago I think I could of had this for years who knows. My left side had gone numb and my dr sent me to the hospital thought I was having a stroke. There they did MRI and found lesions on my brain and with my other symtoms I was diag. with ms since then I have was put on Avonox plus lots of other meds. That just about sums it up.

Nice to meet you

Hello.

I hope you find information and help here when you need it. I've found the site invaluable and the people here supportive and kind. Even when I ramble on and on and on. lol

Hopefully you will too.

stay well.
    Krysalus

Comment

I just found out this month, and it's a lot to take in. I'm glad you've gotten a diagnosis and some meds, but UGH. What a whirlwind. I hope you are feeling better these days, and that you can maintain your health. That must have been terrifying.

Comment

Hello I D C

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

Sounds like you were diagnosed rather quickly. I'm sure you haven't had time to digest it all yet. It takes awhile for many of us.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help if we can. Hopefully this site will help you navigate through your MS diagnosis. We have information, interesting topics, and the shared experiences of our members.

Feel free to vent if you need to. We also have some fantastic, supportive members.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Good to hear from you. You can get thru this with the support of all of us. Take each day as it comes and don't borrow from tomorrow.
          Hang in there,
          Leola
          This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Very nervous

I just read a post about the new oral med for MS possibly giving you genital herpes, does anyone know if this is true?
            I began my MS therapy in 2002 with Avonex, but I kept getting optic neuritis and needed steroid treatment 3 times within a year so I switched to Betaseron.
            On Betaseron, I became very depressed and had to d/c it after about 7 months of treatment. My neuro switched me to Copaxone at this point. After a few weeks of treatment, I literally felt as if my blood was boiling and I didn't sleep for a few days so they said I was having an adverse reaction to Copaxone and needed to stop it. However, we also discovered that I was pregnant at the time, which may have been what caused the reaction as I have been using Copaxone again since february 2010 after being on no DMD therapy for a few years and discovering that I had acquired many more lesions on my brain during this time period and having no other good alternatives for me. I have not experienced the boiling blood feeling since restarting Copaxone. But my neuro has suggested that I start the new oral med this month. Not once has he ever even suggested a concern about herpes, but I just stumbled across a post from someone who says that herpes is a side effect of this medication. Not just shingles, but genital herpes.
            First, I don't see how this is possible. Second, I don't want to be on it if it causes genital herpes. I have a close friend who suffers with genital herpes, and that added distress is not something I would wish upon anybody nevertheless be something that I am willing to subject myself to by free choice. Is this really true?
            I am now very nervous and thinking that I'd rather just continue to deal with my own painful site reactions to Copaxone than to add a whole new set of problems to my life. If this is true, why in the world would my neurologist suggest that I start taking this treatment and not even mention it to me? That doesn't sit well with me, either. I would appreciate any feedback that anyone has about this. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Welcome! I understand how it is to be diagnosed suddenly. I literally found out in about six hours that they were very sure I had MS, then after more tests it was just confirmed. I'm on Avonex, as well as a few others for symptoms, etc, as well. Keep us posted, and I hope all goes well for you!
              Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
              Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

Does medication work?

Have you found since starting all your new meds that you actually feel better?

Originally posted by IDONTCARE View Post
                I just found out that I had ms about 2 months ago I think I could of had this for years who knows. My left side had gone numb and my dr sent me to the hospital thought I was having a stroke. There they did MRI and found lesions on my brain and with my other symtoms I was diag. with ms since then I have was put on Avonox plus lots of other meds. That just about sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                X