hi i'm new to all this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi i'm new to all this

hello, I'm Madison I'm 16 and no I'm not a doctor md are my initials lol. but i have just recently been diagnosed with m.s. a few weeks ago. i had my first relapse when i was 14 the whole right side of my body went paralyzed. they found a brain lesion in the MRI while i was paralyzed. i gained movement back pretty fast after being on steroids for a week. the doctors didn't suggest any meds for me and they just kept saying they had no idea what had happened other then saying i had a demileating disease. i kept asking if it was m.s. but the only thing they said is no not until you have a second relapse. so two years later on a new MRI they found about 5 more brain lesions. i haven't had another relapse sense i went paralyzed though. i know this is sloppy and i dont really know what I'm talking about but thanks for taking the time to read this. i could use someone to talk to about all of this it would be much appreciated.

I'm sorry for what you're going through. I can't imagine having to deal with all that at your age (I'm 58 and was diagnosed at 32). You might check with your local MS Society for information or support groups for teens with MS. You can find that info in the phone book or online. Good luck to you. It does help to talk to others who understand what you're going through.

Comment

Hi Madison, my symptoms started showing up when I was your age too though it took them a bit longer to diagnose me. I was just diagnosed as well a few months ago but it took them a bit longer to catch mine (I'm 21 now). Feel free to drop me an e-mail if you need someone to talk to, it's in my profile

~Elly
      I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Hello Madison

Welcome to MS World!

i had my first relapse when i was 14 the whole right side of my body went paralyzed. they found a brain lesion in the MRI while i was paralyzed. i gained movement back pretty fast after being on steroids for a week.
        You are so young! I'm glad your paralysis resolved quickly after the steroid treatment.

i haven't had another relapse sense i went paralyzed though.
        That's good - hopefully you will remain that way!

Has your doctor suggested any meds for you?

Feel free to ask questions, and we'll be glad to help if we can.

We have a Teens and MS Forum here that you might be interested in checking out.

Please keep us informed on how you're doing. We'll be here for support.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Madison -

Wow. So young. I'm sorry to hear about your dx.

Hey, I'm 52. Dx'ed at 30. I still live/play/work a normal life. Don't ever give up on your dreams.

Nobody at work knows I have MS. I'm one of the mission managers for shuttle at NASA. You can live a full life with MS. That's been my experience. Don't think otherwise. Power to you!

Oh yeah - STS-133 launches on Nov 1...

Tom
          "Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
          - Voltaire

Comment

thanks for taking the time to talk to me i appreciate it

Comment

Hey Madison

I am so sorry to hear you've been diagnosed, but from what I've seen everyone here "gets it" and is happy to hear what you have to say. Well, happy in that they want to help and listen; we're all sad that you have this crappy disease.

I hope you keep those relapses away. Hang in there!

Comment

Continue talking with this group. Get information. All that you can. Make sure you have a supportive doctor and get informed of all you can. We want to hear from you and encourage you. You can do it. It will be alright.
                Leola
                This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Working...
                X