My life changed overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My life changed overnight

hi there everyone, my name is Lisa and i am 36 years old. Three weeks ago i became ill and was told i had a nasty ear infection - 1 week after that i ended up fainting at the doctors clinic and was taking to hospital. After having the most horrible headache, my left side of my face was numb, so dizzy like i was so drunk, throwing up, and my left eye was just crazy!

After a spinal tap Scans and MRIs and 12 days in hospital they told me i had an active lesion and had MS.

I am currently out of hospital and staying with a close friend as my home life is very busy and loud. The headache has gone of a bit now but i am still left with the horrid feeling of being drunk. I am finding it hard to walk and my eye sight is poor.

My world seems to have changed overnight, i am scared whats going to happen, i close my eyes at night and just want to wake up well.

Anyway that's my little story of my last few weeks, looking for people to share their experiences with me.

Thanks

a change

Dear Lisa,

Reading your post, I feel for you, I feel your strength through your words, and I feel the struggle you are going through. I have alot of those days, when I just want it all to go away, I just want myself back, so you are not alone; There is help and there are medications out there; also there are new medications coming out everyday; just take a deep breath as you are in for a ride, but keep in mind that you are not alone I am here with you and so are many others.
    I will pray for you email me any time you want

Comment

Nice little hug

Sorry to here this all came on you so quickly. I am glad you have a nice quiet place to rest. That was very important to me when I had similar happen. Peace and quiet and a comforable bed should help. I hope there is something you can do to pass the time better. At least you have this msworld place. I did not have that when I was very sick and all after my big ON attack. If you have any questions about vision and what mine is like: just ask. best of luck to you

Comment

Hello Lisa

Welcome to MS World!

Gosh you must feel like you're in a tornado, with everything happening so fast for you!

I am currently out of hosptial and staying with a close friend as my home life is very busy and loud. The headache has gone of a bit now but i am still left with the horrid feeling of being drunk. I am finding it hard to walk and my eye sight is poor.
        I'm wondering, did the doctor put you on steroids for your active lesion? In any case, hopefully your relapse will resolve soon and your symptoms ease up.

My world seems to have changed overnight, i am scared whats going to happen, i close my eyes at night and just want to wake up well
        Being afraid is understandable, especially since everything happened with you so fast. It takes awhile to digest all of this. Feel free to ask questions, and we'll be glad to help if we can.

Did your doctor talk to you about any of the disease modifying drugs? There is a Medications Forum here that you may find interesting. You can read about the experiences of our members in regards to the various medications.

We're glad you came to this site, and hope you will benefit from the information, support, and the shared experiences of our members. We'll help you get through this.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Lisa

I'm Alice, and I'm 34. I just had symptoms out of nowhere and got diagnosed this month--I hear you! It's terrifying, but reading about what the disease is now with treatment has really helped to calm me down. Yes, it is terrifying, especially when you don't know what tomorrow brings, but our chances of staying active and healthy and strong are incredible compared with the medicine of just a generation ago.

I hope your symptoms are easing this week, and that you can check back in. If you ever just need to let it out, come on by.

Comment

Working...
          X