Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time subscriber, but first post...

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Jackie and I was diagnosed with R&R MS when I was nineteen years old in 2003 with an onset of optic neuritis. Since then I graduated from college with a B.A. and also worked until 2008 when my body couldn't handle it anymore. Beginning in August of 2007, I began to experience widespread chronic pain which has forever changed my life. I decided to post a message in order to meet some people who have MS & could understand what I am going through. I have always taken Copaxone (also Avonex for a short time), but I am meeting with my neurologist soon to discuss other options as my last MRI does show active brain lesions. I hope I can meet some people who understand because I have a very small support system since I can no longer do the things that people my age do, I have lost a lot of friends over the years. Thank you for listening.
    ~Jax*
    “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” -Hunter S. Thompson
    DX:2/2003

WELCOME JACKIE!!!!!! it`s great to have you here i get the pain almost daily in my feet! dr prescribed neurontin. i look forward to seeing more of you around! good luck.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Jackie, I am so sorry for your need to come to this site. I hope some of the younger MSers will respond to this post. If not try the young adults section of MS World.

I hope that your neuro can find the medicine that will stop the progression of this MonSter for you.
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hello Jackie

Welcome to MS World!

Beginning in August of 2007, I began to experience widespread chronic pain which has forever changed my life.
        Sorry you have to deal with chronic pain. And you are so young, too. That really stinks!

I decided to post a message in order to meet some people who have MS & could understand what I am going through.
        We're glad you posted - you're at the right place for connecting with other persons with MS who understand!

I have always taken Copaxone (also Avonex for a short time), but I am meeting with my neurologist soon to discuss other options as my last MRI does show active brain lesions.
        Good luck at your neuro appointment. Let us know what you find out about your other options.

Feel free to ask questions, and we'll be glad to help if we can. Hope to see you around.

Take care,
        KoKo
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Jackie, glad you found the site. I'm also pretty young (21) and got diagnosed about 5 months ago. Sorry for the reason you're here but nice to meet you!

~Elly
          I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Thank you!

Hello Everyone,
            It was nice to meet all of you. I have had a bad cold all weekend & this really lifted my spirits! Does anyone else have problem with the weather? I live on the east coast, near Philly, and sometimes feel like I'm allergic to it, in an MS symptomatic way. I was so nervous my last post I didn't get a chance to tell you all anything about myself so here's a few of my likes: my bf Lyla (a 4 year old black lab I rescued as a puppy), comedy, Texas Hold'em, reading, movies & movies...all of which I like to think I have an eclectic taste of...well there are a few things about me besides this wretched disease. I hope you all have a wonderful week! Thanks again for the support!
            ~Jax*

Comment

Hi again Jackie, sorry you're feeling crappy. I think MS makes alot of people hypersensitive to the weather, well at least the temp. I know for myself too cold and my muscles lock up and too hot I start seeing doubles, fun right?

We seem to have a bit in common my doggy is around the same age (5 year old pit bull) and she's run our household since she fit in the palm of my hand lol. I also used to play alot of texas hold 'em with the guys, but my MS gives me extreme motion sickness so no more car rides out to stomp the guys at cards, lucky them.

~Elly
              I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through.

Comment

Hi Elle,
                I get motion sickness too & hate not being able to drive or sometimes get in the car at all, but I take compazine to help with the nausea maybe that would help you so you could go beat the guys at a tournament soon! My dog is my baby too & she definitely makes me feel great--it seems your dog does the same for you & that's awesome!
                Take care,
                Jackie
                ~Jax*

Comment

Yeah vertigo/motion sickness is the worst, I'm on something like 3 anti nausea meds right (I know, wtf right?) now maybe I'll talk to the doc about trying something different? I think scopalamine patches help the most though with car rides, only problem is if I wear them too long my vision gets very blurry, so those are only for doc appts lol.

~Elly

Comment

Working...
                  X