Hiya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiya

Hello, this is my first time here. I was diagnosed in December 2008 after my right leg had been dragging because i couldn't feel it to lift it off the ground and i was walking like strange. I thought for a while that i had a trapped nerve in my leg!! But then my doctor said he wanted me to have an MRI to check for MS. I couldn't believe it, my mother had MS for many years and i was always under the impression that id never get it. Then my consultant hit me with it. He said sometimes it can be in the blood line. I have a daughter and i worry but surely it can't happen twice. Anyway, i guess i have been in denial because, believe it or not i did the london marathon when i was 25 and 26 for MS because of my mother. I wanted to do it in my 50th year but i don't see that happening now. I have friends but no one understands. Im so happy to talk to people who understand xx

bllodline

I know, I fear for my two children - boy and girl (grown now). I am the first in my family to be diagnosed.
    Just keep positive and keep on moving!

Comment

Hello Mw

Welcome to MS World!

I was diagnosed in December 2008 after my right leg had been dragging because i couldn't feel it to lift it off the ground and i was walking like strange.
      I can relate to the right leg dragging and the strange walking - those were a couple of my early symptoms too.

Anyway, i guess i have been in denial because, believe it or not i did the london marathon when i was 25 and 26 for MS because of my mother. I wanted to do it in my 50th year but i don't see that happening now.
      Wow, that's really cool - you did the London Marathon for MS because of your Mom. There are plenty of other ways for you to help the cause (if you want to) if a Marathon is no longer feasible. I know it's tough when we can't do all the things we used to. It stinks!

I have friends but no one understands. Im so happy to talk to people who understand
      That's why I believe that MS World is such a valuable site to so many of us. Our friends and family can try to understand, but those of us who have MS can truly understand the challenges.

If you have any questions, just ask. We'll be glad to help if we can. We're looking forward to having you around to share your experiences, and find support. (And also give some support, if you are so inclined.)

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X