Living with MS in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living with MS in Ohio

Hello everyone, My name is Sheila. I'm 40 years old. I was diagnosed Feb. 5th 2006. I have trouble remembering and saying words. My left side of arm and head and left side of face are numb all the time or are in pain. This coming week, I have surgery on my right knee which I have had trouble with since I became ill. I applied for SSI, hoping to get some help. August 1 2010, a couple months ago, my husband left our home. We have been married for 20 years. Just wondering if someone could talk with me. This has been real hard for me. I'm a stay at home mom my son is 13 years old I also have another son who is 18 and a daughter 22. This tragedy has been hard for us all. I'm just trying to figure why and how to go on. Thanks for listening and God Bless

I'm from Ohio too!

Welcome. It sounds like you have alot to cope with right now. It's a shame that your husband left. I have only been married a couple years and that is one of my fears as well. I was just diagnosed in June and it explained my memory problems and pain as well. I can only imagine your fear and heartache right now. Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know you are not alone.

Comment

Hello Sheila

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

And I'm from Ohio too.

This coming week, I have surgery on my right knee which I have had trouble with since I became ill.
      Good luck with your knee surgery. Will your children be able to help after you get home from the hospital? I hope you'll have some assistance while you're recovering.

I applied for SSI, hoping to get some help.
      Hopefully your SSI will be approved!

August 1 2010, a couple months ago, my husband left our home. We have been married for 20 years. Just wondering if someone could talk with me. This has been real hard for me.
      I am so sorry to learn that your husband has left. You were together a very long time. That must be extremely difficult for you and the kids.

This tragedy has been hard for us all. I'm just trying to figure why and how to go on.
      We go on after a tragedy because we have a tiny speck of hope for better days ahead. And if we're lucky, we go on because we have family who we love, and who loves us. Taking each day as it comes, one day at a time, is how many of us go on.

Hopefully this site will keep you from feeling alone and isolated. Please feel free to ask questions, and share how you're doing. There are many supportive members here. Sending you hugs ((((( Sheila)))))

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

hi,
        i live in New Philly,Ohio and have had some of the same numbness on my face. So i know how u feel. Hope you do good...God Bless

Comment

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to MSWorld. I am very sad to hear what happened with your husband. 20 years, and 3 kids, that's just sad. There is no acceptable excuse for him to just walk out. I hope despite your MS, you can still be strong for them ... especially your youngest.

I hope you will find understanding friends here. Many of us have been/ are in similar situations. Sometimes we vent, sometimes we joke around, and everything in the middle. It is so easy to "bond" with others who [I]really[I] understand what living with MS is like.

Although this is a horrible time, please remember something about many tomorrows will make each day you go forward worthwhile. Like they say now in Chile, "Never give up!" There is light somewhere out of this tunnel.

Big Hugs,

Kimba
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

hi shelia and WELCOME!!!!!!!! great to have you here i live in nw pa, 20 miles from ohio. so sorry for all your troubles as the husband and ms patient, icannot relate to the issues with your hubby. as to the ms, reruns don`t exist!!!
            just when you get to the end of your rope, you find there`s a knot everything that happens, happens for a reason!!! make the best of it, and smile, it`ll help. where in ohio are you? my e mail address is in my profile. i hope you get the best, as you deserve it.

dave
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I'm a cockeyed buckeye

Hi girl, let me introduce myself, I am Zencali from Dayton Ohio. Left there when I was 16 cause the hot weather made me sick. I was sick most of the time i was in Ohio. I would like to help you anyway I can. I have sisters in Dayton. One of them is almost bedridden and if you live near there it would be nice if you two got together. I don't think they let people put their phone numbers on here. Come to the chat room sometime and we could go to a unused room and talk. Would love to be a helper even online for you. I know from my own experience that it feels good just to hear somebody offer to help. So I offer to help you. thanks

Comment

Working...
              X