Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the site... Living with MS for the past year

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled onto this site and it looks like a great support for people with MS. I was diagnosed about a year ago with Relapsing Remitting MS and have been trying to figure out the best ways to live with it since then. I have seen several neurologists and nutritionists at their recommendation as well as tried several drug therapies which didn't work as I have had an adverse reaction.

I have had a pretty hard time swallowing all of this, I was diagnosed at 20 and am now 21. My mom also has RR MS but we never talk about it, she feels guilty for having kids because it is genetic and my dads family has MS on their side as well. I'm hoping to find some answers, people to talk to, and help anyone else if I can.

Thanks so much, look forward to checking this site out further.

Nikki

Hi Nikki,

I'm 19 and was diagnosed with RRMS in May. I'm a full-time college student plus own my own business. This site is a great way to meet new people with MS and have an idea of what you are talking about. It's a great place to learn, too!

If you want to, send me an email! My email address is in my profile.

Have a good day!
    Rae Roy

Comment

Hello Nikki

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

Glad you "stumbled onto this site". It is a great place for support and encouragement, as well as information and interesting topics.

I have seen several neurologists and nutritionists at their recommendation as well as tried several drug therapies which didn't work as I have had an adverse reaction.
      Sorry to learn that you have had adverse reactions to the drug therapies. Has the nutritionist been beneficial to you? We have a nutrition forum here called Tara's Nutrition and Supplement Notebook, which is very informative and interesting.

My mom also has RR MS but we never talk about it, she feels guilty for having kids because it is genetic and my dads family has MS on their side as well.
      If you don't mind my asking, how is your Mom doing? Hopefully she is doing ok. Feel free to share here all you want to or need to. Ask questions and we'll help if we can.

I'm hoping to find some answers, people to talk to, and help anyone else if I can.
      You're in the right place! You seem to have a good attitude, all things considered. You are kind to offer to help others.

Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X