new to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to this

I have just discovered this forum. My husband has been suggesting that I look for chat rooms for sometime now and I'm glad I finally am. I thought I should stick with the posting though since my coordination makes typing a bit of a challenge and I'm not fast enough for a chat room.
    I'm a woman in my 40's and I was diagnosed with RRMS about 15 years ago. My symptoms are numbness/tingling, coordination/balance, fatigue, and other stuff. I walk with a cane and have for many years now. This summer has been a tough one (very hot).
    I live in Ontario, Canada. It is me, my very supportive husband, my 2 golden retrievers and my bunny. I have a daughter who is in her 20's and has left home.
    I try to stay positive but somedays it is a challenge. I am enjoying reading other people's posts. I think I tend to isolate myself and this is a great way to find poeple I can relate to.

welcome virginia!!!!!!one of the nicest things is to talk to people who can relate, and we certinly have 'been there, done that' . always ask,tell or whatever, we enjoy it!!! good luck.

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Virginia :-)
      I have found this site to be a wealth of inormation for me and certainly makes me feel like I am not alone in this battle. There is a thread on here for the people who love us, it is called [I]relationships and carepartnering. Your hubby may find that helpful, mine does.

I also like the arcade. Who new? I'm forty five and am finally discovering video games!

Comment

Hello

I am glad that you have found this forum! It is a place for us to go and truly know that everyone reading our posts really understand what we are going through. I am 29. I was diagnosed about a month ago. My Step mother is 60 and was diagnosed in 1983. It sucks. We all get it and we are here to support each other!
        On another subject, I have a bunny too! I got him a few days after my diagnosis. I live in Brooklyn and wouldn't want to keep a dog in the house all day. The bunny, Hopper, is very happy in his cage. I take him outside every night for a couple of hours. I play fetch with him and he has learned how to go in and out of the house without guidance. I do keep a leash on him when he is outside though, I am too afraid he will run away, or get eatin by a cat. I believe he is a Norwegian dwarf. He is so cute and cuddly. My favorite part is watching him clean his face. He uses both paws and rubs his cheeks. If you have any bunny raising tips I would sure like to hear them.
        After being diagnosed, MSWorld has been a great comfort to me. The guidance that I receive from other members is outstanding. I post when I am down, when I am happy, when there is some MS news to report or question and when I feel my advice based on my experience can help others.
        I hope you get as much out of this forum as the rest of us. Know that we are here for you. No matter what!
        Welcome!!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to input and understanding from the great people here. I am so glad to be a part of this.
          ----------------------
          Jennifer,
          I got my bunny (Lucy) in May of last year when she was only 6 weeks old. She is a Holland Lop. She was only supposed to grow to 3-4 pounds but she is now over 6 pounds. She is a big girl now, we even had to get her a bigger cage when she just kept growing. I have a back yard that she likes to play in when the weather is nice and the dogs just seem to love her and she them. We have an exercise pen set up in the living room for her so she can join us when we watch tv in the evening. Animals always bring a smile to my face and make life seem brighter. I can't think of any tips, just enjoy.

Originally posted by jenniferautumn View Post
          On another subject, I have a bunny too! I got him a few days after my diagnosis. I live in Brooklyn and wouldn't want to keep a dog in the house all day. The bunny, Hopper, is very happy in his cage. I take him outside every night for a couple of hours. I play fetch with him and he has learned how to go in and out of the house without guidance. I do keep a leash on him when he is outside though, I am too afraid he will run away, or get eatin by a cat. I believe he is a Norwegian dwarf. He is so cute and cuddly. My favorite part is watching him clean his face. He uses both paws and rubs his cheeks. If you have any bunny raising tips I would sure like to hear them.

Comment

Hello Virginia

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

I thought I should stick with the posting though since my coordination makes typing a bit of a challenge and I'm not fast enough for a chat room.
            I can sure relate with you on that one!

I walk with a cane and have for many years now. This summer has been a tough one (very hot).
            Can relate there too. I use a cane for short distances, and a roller walker for long distances. This past summer was brutal for those of us with heat intolerance. (I'm in Ohio).

So glad you've joined our message boards, Virginia! Looking forward to seeing you around.

Best to you and your family (golden retrievers and bunny included).

Take care,
            KoKo
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome Virginia!!

MS World is AWESOME!

I also come here to get support from everyone, get my questions answered and just to get relief that we are not alone in this crazy battle. It is so nice to be able to ask a question or have something explained.

I suggest you come often and read lots! Most of my information on MS such as medication, symptoms, testing, diagnosing, etc. have all been answered here. I have been given links to read for things I have had questions on and appreciate every comment!

Take each day as it comes, and make the most out of everyone!!
              Fall down seven times....get up eight!

Comment

new to forum

I am also wondering about your meds, Virginia. I was diagnosed in 01 and have been on Copaxone since. I had an excerbation in 05,09 and am dealing with another slight one now. I go to my Doc on Tues. He wanted to change my med last year, but I refused. To many side effects with all others. Is there anyone out there managing with only diet and exercise?
                pama

Comment

Hi quilterlady,

I have been trying to manage with only diet and exercise for the most part. I just take Baclofen for spasms and I take some supplements. I have generally gotten worse (balance, coordination, etc.) over the years but I really don't like the idea of some of the meds out there (the side effects) so I have resisted so far.

Originally posted by quilterlady View Post
                  I am also wondering about your meds, Virginia. I was diagnosed in 01 and have been on Copaxone since. I had an excerbation in 05,09 and am dealing with another slight one now. I go to my Doc on Tues. He wanted to change my med last year, but I refused. To many side effects with all others. Is there anyone out there managing with only diet and exercise?

Comment

Working...
                  X