Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really could use some help!

I HAVE RELAPSING AND REMITTING MS!

SORRY I SHOULD HAVE STATRED WITH... HI I AM LISA I AM 39 YRS. OLD I HAVE 3 GROWN CHILDREN AND 1 TEENAGER SHE IS 14!

MY HUSBAND COMMITED SUICIDE IN 2005 SO I AM A SINGLE PARENT NOW AND I HAD A VERY BAD CAR ACCIDENT IN OCT. 2007 SO I AM UNABLE TO WORK. ALL I RECEIVE IS SURVIVOR BENEFITS FOR MYSELF AND MY DAUGHTER!

I DIDN'T HAVE INS. WHEN I WRECKED AND IT TOOK ME TWO YRS TO GET AN OHIO MEDICAIDE CARD BUT I HAVE TO PAY $492. A MNTH AND I CAN'T AFFORD IT AND I JUST WENT TO HEARING ON SEPT.13TH FOR SSD WHICH I JUST RECEIVED A APPROVAL LETTER AND I THOUGHT SINCE I WAS APPROVED I WOULD HAVE DISABILITY INS. FREE BUT MY CASEWOORKER SAID MY SPEEN DOWN WILL GO WAY UP HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?

I DON'T HAVE NO HELP AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I AM GOING TO MAKE IT BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE SEIZURES AND NARCOLEPSY!

I WON'T BE ABLE TO PAY FOR SPEEN DOWN WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO? I SURE COULD USE SOME ADVICE AND NOONE UNDERSTANDS WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH WTH MY MS! I SURE COULD USE A FRIEND OR TWO!!! I FEEL SO ALONE AND HELPLESS!

*** Moderator's note - e-mail address removed as per MSWorld guideline #3. Your e-mail address can put in your profile for all registered, logged-in members to see ***

THANKS LISA

*** Moderator's note - post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many members have difficulty reading large blocks of text. ***

hi lisa, you have a friend here. i don`t know about the ins. issues you are facing, but the new laws governing ins. went into effect today. maybe you will get some help there. look at the website for s.s. (www.ssi.gov) for some awnsers. i know that you can get medicare 2 years after your application date (for ssdi benefits). best of luck to you. and welcome!!!!!

dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

thanks

thanks Dave for the advice! and it's nice to know i have a friend too!

Comment

Lisa, hi and glad you found us. We are here for you to sound off and to ask questions. Unfortunately, I know nothing of the SSI and SSDI programs. I am starting to learn this week because I will be filing for supplemental and medicaid.

I hope others will chime in with their experiences to give you some advice. Sorry I am of no help in that but I do care!
        "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hello Lisa

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

You have had your share of challenges/troubles - your husband passing away, your car accident, unable to work, and RRMS.

You've found a wonderful site here! You'll find encouragement and support, interesting topics, information, and the shared experiences of our members.

If you have questions about Social Security Benefits, we have a forum that addresses those issues. Attorney Rich Feingold can help you with some of your concerns. Here is a quick link to the Social Security Forum here at MS World:

http://www.msworld.org/forum/forumdi...aysprune=&f=19

Best wishes to you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you around!

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Lisa, Looks like the above link is your best bet for the insurance answers you seek. I'm not good with law, but I'm good at emphasizing with people, no doubt you have been through some rough times, times that I could never imagine enduring myself, so the fact that you're even online seeking help and talking to people shows me that you are without a doubt a strong woman.

I am only 20 years old but I like to look at life philosophically, I spend a lot of time thinking, writing, etc. and I've always been the one my friends seek for advice or help, I greatly value friendship and love, I'm not the most religious person on the planet Earth but if that is your thing then I respect that, I believe in being OPEN-MINDED.

Please, if you ever need anything, to talk, advice, to vent, sometimes a stranger is the best place to start and my doors are open 24 seven, my blog URL is somewhere in my profile information on this forum, look for that and you will find my contact information: email/facebook.

Feel free to contact me anytime, I hope all is well, and I wish you luck in all your endeavors!

-Matt
            " I'm not stuck with MS, MS IS STUCK WITH ME!"
            See my profile to check out my blog!

Comment

Working...
            X