X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here it goes

sooo, my name is katie.
    I'm 19 years old.
    I'm a full time college student at community college out here in CA.
    I plan on being a vet technician.
    I looove animals.
    Squirrels are my favorite animal and I would be a proud owner if it weren't illegal in this state.
    I own a dog, Banjo. but he isn't allowed to live with my mother and I in the home we are renting because the landlord unreasonably decided to dislike him.
    I miss my Banjo.
    I have lots of nerve problems, which is why i just joined
    I hope to learn a lot from this site and maybe I will know enough one day to tell other people things.
    I kind of like rambling on and on right now, usually I don't though since I don't know a ton about myself
    I'm not the self-analyzing type.
    uhm, what else....
    I own a goldfish that i won at the fair about 8 years ago. he's a brute.
    On the property I no longer live at (but my bro&sisinlaw do) are a bunch of my animals. rabbits, cats, Banjo, horses, duck, llamas.
    we have funny names for the llamas: Yo Mama Llama, Dali Llama, Fernando Llama, Obama Llama and our newest addition, Pajama Llama.
    I'm the youngest of four, big age gap too. My oldest brother is 35, my sister is 34, then my next brother is 25. I really am the baby of the family.. and they expect buttloads out of me.
    I think I'm out of stuff to say for now.

oh&& my family probably downsizes whatever condition I may have because when I do bring up my symptoms it's as if I'm complaining and I feel I'm not taken seriously, so I don't talk about the pain I feel each day.
    -------------------------------------
    undiagnosed,
    waiting for answers.

Hello Katie

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

I'm a full time college student at community college out here in CA.
    I plan on being a vet technician.
    I looove animals
    Sounds like you would be a wonderful vet!

I own a dog, Banjo. but he isn't allowed to live with my mother and I in the home we are renting because the landlord unreasonably decided to dislike him.
    I miss my Banjo.
    That stinks!

I own a goldfish that i won at the fair about 8 years ago. he's a brute.
    Wow, you must have a talent with critters - I've never been able to keep a fair goldfish alive for that long (8 years!).

we have funny names for the llamas: Yo Mama Llama, Dali Llama, Fernando Llama, Obama Llama and our newest addition, Pajama Llama.
    Thanks for the laugh - those names are a hoot!

oh&& my family probably downsizes whatever condition I may have because when I do bring up my symptoms it's as if I'm complaining and I feel I'm not taken seriously, so I don't talk about the pain I feel each day.
    That happens with family members quite often. That's why this site is valuable to so many members. We can share our experiences with others who really do understand, and can relate with what we're going through.

Be sure to let us know how your doctor appointment goes.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Doctor appointment

Do you have a doctor appointment? Do you have insurance? If so, you shouldn't wait to convince your family that there may be something wrong. Sometimes we need to take our health into our own hands. Try locating a doctor and speaking with them about all of the issues you are having, including ones with the family. If the doctor takes you seriously, and he/she should, then your family will begin to as well. If you are in college, the school nurse may be able to help. Either way, try to think about yourself and your future. We never realize it until something goes wrong but your health is the most important aspect of your life. Please try to see a doctor!

Comment

I just made an appointment with my regular doctor so I can get referred to a neurologist. I have medi-cal, so not the greatest medical coverage.. but it's something. Hopefully, I can stop procrastinating and get this gravy ship flowing.
        -------------------------------------
        undiagnosed,
        waiting for answers.

Comment

Hi barbie--welcome to MSWorld, loved your intro!!

Glad you'll be getting a referral for a neuro. The sooner you can get to the bottom of your symptoms the better.

I too am an animal lover, but never had any pets other than dogs, cats, and fish. I just LOVE the names of your llamas! Their a hoot!!

Hope you come back and let us know about your visit with the neuro. Or better yet-- just come back and say "howdy".

Comment

Hello barbie/katie, welcome to the site! Feel free to post whatever you like, whenever you like, there are many of us that understand and are willing to listen. Not having your dog around must really suck. I have a cat that thinks it is a dog and is very protective of me, she helps me make it through the day. I also have a large pond in the backyard with koi and goldfish which is very relaxing to me.

I like to garden and work in the yard and while I'll miss the fresh vegetables, I am looking forward to some winter weather as I don't do well in the heat. I am in California also, so winter here is not as bad as some folks out there.

Good luck in school and stay positive!

Comment

Working...
            X