Just found out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just found out!

Hi my name is Stacy and I live in Minnesota. For my 30th birthday I wanted to stay in bed and cry because it just means my kids are getting older, but instead 2 days before my birthday I got the call from my doctor confirming that after my spinal fluid was checked the lesions on my brain could only come from MS. So turning 30 was the last thing on my mind, instead I got to cry not knowing what the future holds. My doctor says no work for at least a year so my body has time to get used to the shots that I will be starting soon, so here I sit unable to work waiting for SSDI to approve me.

Hello Stacy

Welcome to the MS World Forums!

For my 30th birthday I wanted to stay in bed and cry because it just means my kids are getting older, but instead 2 days before my birthday I got the call from my doctor confirming that after my spinal fluid was checked the lesions on my brain could only come from MS.
    The worst birthday present anyone could get You've found a good place to come and share your experiences, to give and receive support and encouragement, and to find information too. You never have to feel alone with the feelings you're going through. The members here at MS World understand the challenges of living with MS.

So turning 30 was the last thing on my mind, instead I got to cry not knowing what the future holds.
    When you think about it, nobody really knows what the future holds. That's why it's always best to live each day as it comes, the best we can. Some days will be better than others. And since MS is so unpredictable, everyone is affected differently.

Good luck with your SSDI approval, and also with your shots. (Which medication will you be starting?) Have you seen our Medications Forum? You can learn a little about your medication from the experiences of our members.

Looking forward to seeing you around.

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I am so sorry

I am so sorry that you received this diagnosis. Try to live each day and not waste time on things that may never be.

My concern is that your doctor told you not to work. Are you immobile? Is your job very physical? I started my shots last thursday, then I went to work on friday. If you are able to work I would recommend doing it. Taking a year off of work so your body adjusts to the shots seems very strange to me.

Any diagnosis is scary. Learn as much as you can. Dont spend to much time worrying. Try to take care of yourself the best you can through diet and exercise. Take your medicine every day and LIVE your life. Everything does not come to a complete halt because of this and the fact that your doctor wants you to stop working is cause for concern.

The national MS Society is a great resource. There are also many other "MS groups" online. All of us either have it or are affected by it in some way. We are here for you. Ask as many questions as you want. We will answer.

I know that it may be easier said then done but, do what you can today and don't worry about tomorrow because if you do, your next birthday you will be wondering what happened to the past year and wondering how your kids got so much bigger. Be present.

I am turning 30 in a couple of weeks, I just received my diagnosis and it's time for me to celebrate knowing and being able to take care of myself the best I can.

If you ever need to vent, complain, ask questions, or just share something, we are here, we are listening and we care!

Comment

sorry about the dx!!!! i got mine in december, so it was a "present" too. what kind of shots are you taking? i went back to work immediatly following dx, and i started avonex the next week.
        no one can predict the future, so whatever it holds is a mystery and will remain so. no sence in worrying about the 'what ifs', concentrate on the now. enjoy life, in minnesota, enjoy the foliage of fall. good luck.

dave
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I think the doctor wants me to take a year off because I am also diagnosed with bipolar disorder and she wants o make sure all my medications are in sync with each other. I have had 2 nervous break downs within the past year so with the MS coming on top of that we have to watch what will happen with my moods and to make sure I have the right amount of my bipolar meds to keep up with what is going on with everything else.

Comment

Working...
          X