Gday. I'm new here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gday. I'm new here

Just introducing myself. Im a 42 yo stay at home mum with 7 kids living near Darwin at the top end of Australia, the tropical humidity is killing me so we are soon moving about halfway down the country, a few hours north of Brisbane in Queensland.

My mum has Sjogrens disease and my cousion has ms but i am so far undiagnosed though my dr says he is pretty sure its ms.
    Symtoms have been going on for nearly 20 years with big spaces between early issues now more flares and more issues.

Still only under the local dr atm seeing as there is only one neurologist for over 2000 kms in any direction, it takes over a year to get an appointment (another reason for moving).

Years ago i had only brain buzzing, sharp, blinding stab pains in the base of my skull on and off every few years.
    More recently, i have developed new problems.

Tingling/numbness in lips and chin
    Clumsiness
    Sight disturbances
    A creeping numbness/tingling in my R buttock & thigh
    Both hands numb or aching, often together
    Weak hands and grip
    Random joint and spot pains
    Tight muscles but loose joints
    Lost words, poor memory, terrible concentration
    Constipation
    Hug pain
    Palpitations
    Heat and humudity intorerance

Had a brain mri a few years ago that was "normal" and another a few weeks ago that was "interesting". I'm wishing now that i had asked him to order for a spinal mri while he was at it. Bloods for Rheum, B12, STDs, gout etc and common blood exams were all ok.

So i guess im still in limbo land just hoping that after we move i can get onto a decent neuro so i can get some answers.

Thanks for letting me on

Hello aussiegirl74 and Welcome to MSWorld

I would suggest you get a MRI of the spine. Your symptoms could be MS but they could also be due to numerous other things.

Best wishes!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi and welcome!
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Hi Ausiegirl74,
        Always nice to talk to other ausies. Sorry its for this reason though.
        The weather/heat has been terrible.
        I love visiting darwin but it is sooo humid.
        CQ in usually a couple degrees less but still not good.
        The recent rain has helped.

It does sound like Ms (without knowing everything).
        I had 5 kids and stats note that this can plateau things some. Probably something to do with hormones but they don't really know.

There is a Neuro in Mackay or Townsville and one visits Rocky monthly, I drive to see one in Bundy. I have been with him almost five years and don't quibble about the 8 hr round trip because i prefer him.
        Have had ms for 30+ years . Diagnosed 20 years.

Good luck with every thing and look forward to updates on how your going.
        this is a good place to get answers as well.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Caroline, its great to talk to a fellow Aussie.

If i had my way i would move down to Victoria but hubby doesnt want to go that far south. I am looking forward to getting away from the humidity of the tropics but also seeing an actual neuro about all these problems and gets some answers.

We only have 4 kids at home now so its not as full on since a few of them got old enough to leave the nest.

Hope your ms give you as little trouble as possible. Thanks again.

Comment

Thank you for the welcome Jules and SNOOPY.

Snoopy i am hoping my dr will order a spinal mri, if not, i will be keen as ever to get onto a decent dr after the move.
            Thanks. 😊

Comment

BTW Ausiegirl74- are you worried about Cyclone Debbie?

I'm really looking forward to it turning into a rain depression and helping with the drought but it is supposed to hit as usual about Townsville so I thought of you in Cairns after i posted yesterday.

Comment

Working...
              X