Hello. Is there anybody out there!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. Is there anybody out there!!

I am 38 yr old female with a good sense of humor. It has come in handy these past few months since my recent diagnosis. I am experiencing lots of fatigue, crazy dizzying headaches and just dizziness. I finally got my hand useage back fully after a four weeks of wondering. I have come to hate my drug (copaxone) but was told it is the best thing for me. Ok maybe I will get used to that pain that comes with injecting myself. We will wait and see. I find myself crying a lot right now but I know this too shall pass. Ah the joys of having a chronic illness. Such fun. It's nice to know there are people out there who are sharing my experiences but on the other hand it sucks to know there are other people out there going through what I am! Where is the hope? I hope I can find that!

Hi Yettifrog and welcome! I'm told I have a good sense of humor too, but sometimes the struggle gets me down - and it's OK to feel down unless it becomes chronic and you need help by way of talk therapy or anti-depressants. That was my route at the beginning as I couldn't shake up the anxiety.

There is hope that you can lead a normal productive life for many years to come. I've had MS for 28 years and my life has been near normal - whatever normal is

I replied to your other thread about support groups - hope you take advantage of a local group and of course, you always have us!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Yettifrog And Wecome

Comment

Hi Yettifrog. Welcome to MS World. I'm sorry for the reason you are here. I cried every day for the first month after I was diagnosed 4 years ago. Like Seasha, I try to have a good sense of humor about it, but some days are harder than others. Just try to get through the bad days and enjoy the good days. You always have us at MS World to come to for understanding and advice or just to vent. Try not to lose hope Yettifrog. We are here for support!

I do have a few tips for Copaxone. Try putting a heat pack on the injection site for about 5 minutes before you inject. After the injection, put a small ice pack on it for about another 5 or 10 minutes. A child's ice pack works really good. Just remember to not put the heat or cold pack directly on your skin. Wrapping it in a light cloth will help. It doesn't make it completely painless, but it can help ease the pain.
        RRMS: Diagnosed July 2013
        Assistive Device: cane.
        Meds: Copaxone, Ampyra, Vitamin D

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          There is hope that you can lead a normal productive life for many years to come. I've had MS for 28 years and my life has been near normal - whatever normal is
          This!

I was certain my life was over but I have ben very fortunate, blessed actually, because I have been able to continue to walk, work and laugh for the past 12 years despite the horrific news of MS. Now I'm greedy and praying for another decade.
          Best wishes.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Hello Yettifrog and welcome to MSWorld

I have been diagnosed with MS for 32 years, symptoms since childhood (age uncertain) and married for almost 36 years. I had 2 children after my diagnosis, they are now 27 and 25 years old. I have had a fairly "normal" life considering MS

Best wishes!
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

To everyone.
              Thank you for the warm welcome! And the advice about copaxone! I look forward to finding comfort and advice with you. Perhaps even giving advice and comfort one day!

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD YETTIFROG!! I JUST HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOUR USERNAME!

I think that crying is a very "normal" response to a diagnosis such as this. And as far as the sense of humor goes, keep it because I often tell people that I am my best source of comic relief.
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Don't worr

It's not that bad. I was DX in 1998. On copaxone the whole time. I am a CPA and work more then full time. It only changes your life negatively if you let it. It has been 20 years. Pretty annoying on my right side. But guess it could be worse, were not dead.

Comment

Working...
                  X