RRMS FOR 17 YRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RRMS FOR 17 YRS

I HAVE HAD RRMS FOR 17 YRS AND WAS DOING REALLY WELL UNTIL THE LAST 2 WEEKS. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN EPISODE LAST MORE THAN A WEEK AND THAT WAS ONLY ONCE. I AM MOURNING NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ACTIVITIES THAT I AM USED TO DOING. I HAD TO GET A HANDICAP TAG TO DROP MY KIDS OFF AT SCHOOL (IF YOU ARE A FEW MINUTES PAST 8AM THE PARKING IS DOWN THE STREET). I'M GOING TO GO ON MEDS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND STRUGGLING TO DECIDE ON WHICH ONE FOR ME. OF COURSE, THE DR WILL MAKE A RECOMMENDATION, BUT WILL RESPECT MY DECISION IN THE PROCESS AS WELL. ALL OF THIS JUST IN THE PAST 2 WEEKS. I HAVE NOT NEEDED TO GO ON AN MS BOARD IN 10 YRS AND REALLY APPRECIATE THIS ONE BEING AVAILABLE!! I'M AFRAID I MIGHT BE MOVING INTO PPMS. I AM IN MY 40'S, I HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL BOYS AND MARRIED FOR 15YRS. MY HUSBAND IS WONDERFUL AND SUPPORTIVE (NOT ALWAYS THE CASE IN THE PAST). IT HAS BEEN A TOUGH ROAD FOR ALL OF US.

Lexluther, love that name! Sorry you have to be here but welcome you.

I have had MS since I was 15 and am now 57. I also thought that my disease was going into SPMS but tests showed that was not the case. Find a great neuro and maybe they can help to relieve your mind about the progression.
    "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hello Lexluther

Welcome to the MS World Forums - nice to meet you!

I HAVE HAD RRMS FOR 17 YRS AND WAS DOING REALLY WELL UNTIL THE LAST 2 WEEKS. I HAVE NEVER HAD AN EPISODE LAST MORE THAN A WEEK AND THAT WAS ONLY ONCE. I AM MOURNING NOT BEING ABLE TO DO ACTIVITIES THAT I AM USED TO DOING
      Sorry to hear that you are having a rough time lately. Not being able to do the things we used to is very frustrating

I HAVE NOT NEEDED TO GO ON AN MS BOARD IN 10 YRS AND REALLY APPRECIATE THIS ONE BEING AVAILABLE!!
      So glad to hear that you really appreciate MS World. It is a wonderful place for support and encouragement, as well as information and interesting topics.

I AM IN MY 40'S, I HAVE TWO BEAUTIFUL BOYS AND MARRIED FOR 15YRS. MY HUSBAND IS WONDERFUL AND SUPPORTIVE (NOT ALWAYS THE CASE IN THE PAST). IT HAS BEEN A TOUGH ROAD FOR ALL OF US.
      Sounds like you have a loving and caring family, inspite of the challenges that MS throws your way.

We can all benefit by sharing our experiences with other members here. There will always be someone who has in the past, or currently is going through the same experience.

Best wishes to you and your family

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

WELCOME

WELCOME LEXLUTHER TO THE MSWORLD MESSAGE BOARD GREAT PPL HERE AND ALSO IN THE CHAT ROOM FEEL FREE TO COME ANYTIME AND KEEP US UPDATED ON WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH YOU LIKE YOU I HAVE HAD RRMS FOR MANY YRS 15 TO BE EXACT BUT I HAVE BEEN ON DMD FOR 7 YRS NOW UP UNTIL LAST YEAR I WAS DOING WELL I AM NOW WHAT THEY CALL PROG. RRMS WHICH I STILL FUNCTION WITH SOME ASSISTANCE I HAVE FOUND KEEPING A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND JUST KEEPING MYSELF AND MY NEURO INFORMED HAS HELPED TO MAKE SURE THAT I GET THE RIGHT TREATMENT FOR ANY OF MY SYMPTONS

THERE ARE DIFFERENT OPTIONS ON THE MS DRUGS I MIGHT SUGGEST YOUR DISCUSS THEM WITH YOUR NEURO AND THEIR DIFF. SIDE EFFECTS AND WHAT WOULD BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST. I ALSO HAVE HANDICAP PLATES I THINK POSITIVE AND SAY AT LEAST I GET TO PARK CLOSER SO I DON'T HAVE TO WOBBLE SO FAR LOL HOPE I WAS ABLE TO GIVE YOU SOME ENLIGHTMENT I CHECK BACK ON THE BOARDS AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN HELP YOU WITH PLEASE LET ME KNOW HUGS TC AND GOD BLESS C.C.

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

Comment

I'm new here too

Thanks for sharing. I was diagnosed about 15 years ago with RRMS. My systems are numbness tingling in my legs and feet mostly. I have fatigue issues and balance and coordination and other things but I don't need to go into that stuff here. I walk with a cane and somedays walking is too difficult so I just stay home.
          I'm not taking any MS meds, just baclofen for spasms. I'm curious what the doc suggests you take. I live in Canada and alot of the meds that are mentioned here the doctor has never mentioned to me. The neurologist said that Vitamin D should be taken 1,000 IU a day and I have heard that you should take up to 20,000 a day on here. Has your doctor said anything to you about this?
          I hope you are having a good day today.

Comment

Working...
          X