Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new adventure.

Hi everyone!

This is my first post of what I assume will be many. I was diagnosed with RR MS a few days ago and like others, I have a million questions and this seems like a good place for them.

My name is Kristin. I am a 35 year old Philadelphia 1st grade reading teacher and I love my job. Yes, it is exhausting and those little buggers are trying but there is no better feeling at the end of the year than hearing one of my little ones read on their own.

I also love traveling and LIVE for adventure. I have decided to look at my new diagnosis as my next adventure. While I tend to strategically plan most of my adventures and travels, always having a plan AND a back up plan....I sense the MS adventure will be different. So far I have learned that the answer to most questions regarding this disease is "We don't know."
    We don't know WHAT will happen, we don't know WHEN it will happen or we don't even know IF it will happen.

As I don't deal well with uncertainties, I believe this will be my most challenging adventure yet. So to commemorate the beginning of this journey, I've purchased a ticket to go skydiving. Is that normal? Haha.

I am looking forward to learning more about MS from the members of this group and hopefully helping and supporting others if I can.

Take care ,

Kristin

Hello Kristin

Welcome to MS World - nice to meet you!

I also love traveling and LIVE for adventure. I have decided to look at my new diagnosis as my next adventure
    What a refreshing way to look at a diagnosis of MS!

We don't know WHAT will happen, we don't know WHEN it will happen or we don't even know IF it will happen.
    You've got it! Once those truths are accepted, most folks can move on with living their lives, doing the best they can.

So to commemorate the beginning of this journey, I've purchased a ticket to go skydiving.
    Sounds thrilling! I say "why not?". We all should do the things we really want to do, while we can, chronic illness or not.

I'm sure you'll benefit from these forums. Interesting topics, support and encouragement, and sharing experiences makes this a great site.

We're glad to have you on board!

Best to you and your little first grade angels

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Kristin and welcome. I am sorry that you have to be here but you already have a great attitude about this and that will get you through a lot.

I have a friend who did the very same thing of skydiving when she felt up against the wall. She decided this MonSter was not going to get the best of her.

Please take care and enjoy the jump!
      "...the joy of the Lord is your (my) strength." Nehemiah 8:10

Comment

Hi Kristen,

Nice to meet you. I'm recently diagnosed too. I considered going skydiving after I got the news but chickened out. Please share the experience with us!

From what I've learned these past few weeks, MS is unpredictable, and everyone's course is different. I am very much one of those people who like to be in control of as much as I can. However, I also understand that life is unpredictable. I've decided to try and embrace the unpredictability of it all.

Sorry you've had to join us but I look forward to learning about your adventures.

phoebe.

Comment

LOL Actually I went skydiving after I was dx'd 10 years ago (I'm 37 now)! It was a tandem jump at 10,000 feet, and months after I jumped I got a small tattoo of an open parachute. I didn't know what the future held and thought, might as well do it now!

Comment

sky divin, rocky mountain climbin

Hi Kristen

I think you will like this thread :-)
            It is in the "General" area and is called
            Skydiving: I finally did it!
            the members name is Frederick1
            check it out.
            You go girl!

Comment

Working...
            X