Another introduction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another introduction...

My MS journey began when I started having trouble walking. There wasn't any pain, but I kept telling my co-workers, "I don't know what's wrong, it's like my legs just don't work right!" I did not, and still don't, really have any other way to describe the sensation I was feeling. After a year and a half and three neurologists, I was finally diagnosed in March of 2015.

I had signed up with msconnection.com, but found it to not be very active and a lot of the discussion threads were very old. Hoping to find more lively discussion here!

Hi KelAppNic

Welcome to MS World!

Originally posted by KelAppNic View Post
    [COLOR=#333333][FONT=&quot]My MS journey began when I started having trouble walking. There wasn't any pain, but I kept telling my co-workers, "I don't know what's wrong, it's like my legs just don't work right!" I did not, and still don't, really have any other way to describe the sensation I was feeling.
    That is exactly one of the very first things that happened to me at work - my gait was "off" and co-workers noticed. They would ask me if my leg hurt, but there was no pain whatsoever.

It was indeed a very weird sensation at the beginning, with no way to explain it.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi and Welcome!

Walking was my first clue...my left foot sorta slapped down rather than the heel-toe action most people have. Then the falling happened, just to tell me to do something I guess.

Glad you were able to get a diagnosis and put a label to what you were experiencing...not that I am in favor of labels, but it's hard to learn more unless you know what to call it.

Hope you learn lots here. It's a great place!

Comment

Originally posted by DogMa View Post
        Hi and Welcome!

Walking was my first clue...my left foot sorta slapped down rather than the heel-toe action most people have. Then the falling happened, just to tell me to do something I guess.

Glad you were able to get a diagnosis and put a label to what you were experiencing...not that I am in favor of labels, but it's hard to learn more unless you know what to call it.

Hope you learn lots here. It's a great place!
        Thanks for the warm welcome! I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Comment

Hi and welcome!
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

Hey Kel, welcome

Sometimes it's hard here because posts don't go really fast. A lot of the time, while waiting for approval of my posts, I go away and forget that I've posted for awhile hahahaha! But, the advice and support here is truly great. I've not found any like this elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X