X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt Sherriff

Hi everyone.
    I am Matt's dad.
    Matt is 39 and as good as wheelchair bound now. He developed symptoms about 5 years ago, having just about recovered from a workplace accident that left him with titanium implants in his back.
    So pretty much he hasn't worked since he was in his 20's. He has two kids (7 and 5) and is married to Fiona, who is a Mental Health nurse.

Ask him how he is and the answer will usually be "well, there are people feeling worse".

We live in Worcestersire UK.

Matt has tried a range of drugs and is on Tysabri right now. Though has an appointment next month to see if he can get on Campath 1-H.

I have started fund raising, initially for the UKMS Society who are helping Matt but ultimately to raise enough to get Stem Cell treatment for Matt............. a long term aim obviously !
    I can't post about the event as I don't have a NMSS template but it is one that people globally can help with.

I see aall over that you (the US) seem to have a bigger range of treatments and drugs available than we do in the UK and that gets frustrating !

Hello Matt's dad,
    I am JerryD from Philadelphia, PA, USA. Great to hear from you ! There are 14 drugs available, here, but none of them offer anything that regenerates that which one continues to lose from the MS. Keep a stiff upper lip ! Things are bound to change for the better ! Good luck

Comment

hi Lain, and welcome to MSWorld! They are currently ( researchers) working onrevitalization of the myelin sheath, so let's keep our hopes up. Like Jerry already said, it is only a matter of time. Best wishes to you and Matt!
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Matt's Dad,
        Welcome. Sorry you have to be here but glad you found us. I'm not especially impressed by the medications we have here in the US either but am thankful that we at least have something as not so long ago there was nothing.

I hope things improve, your son sounds like he tries to keep a positive attitude, and I admire that.
        Jules
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X