My Story...no diagnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Story...no diagnosis

So it all started about a year ago. I started having horrible brain fog and I had trouble walking for a time. I went to see a neurologist and he put me through some tests including an mri with contrast, blood work, and some other tests. All came back clean. My symptoms eventually went away. I went on from March till about November getting into the best shape of my life. Then in November I woke up in the morning(this happened twice in a span of a month). I was pretty much blind in my right eye for about 2 hours. It terrified me as I thought I had a stroke. Now lately I have been having trouble walking again. My memory is at an all time low and I am having trouble focusing in class. I am 20 years old and I am a student. My biggest is that I will get ALS but ms is up there too. Another symptom I have is that I constantly twitch no matter what I am doing all over my body. I had an emg of my arms and it revealed carpal tunnel in my right hand. It does not help the situation that I am naturally an anxious person. Any input would great!

Learning to cope with MS

Last year I was diagnosed with MS. I had 10+ years of undiagnosed symptoms but a sudden and long lasting stress event kicked my symptoms into high gear. I'm 59-on the "older" side for a diagnosis. Sudden double vision (which was permanent) & field of vision loss (which improved) were the triggers that caused my health care providers to dig deeper. Extreme fatigue, cognitive lapses, vision issues, falls and muscle spasms are constant companions. After years of trying to hide the symptoms and wondering if I was losing my mind at least I had a diagnosis even though it was not one I wanted. I'm fortunate to live within 250 miles of a university medical group with MS neurologists who are involved in MS research. Currently I take Tecfidera & modafinil but I've had slowly increasing symptoms and showed improvement only in my field of vision. My small town has a less than adequate MS support group so this forum is a blessing for me. Thank you for all the great information you share!

Comment

Your story is full of weird symptoms but you have some problems, that's a fact . I am not a doctor but I think that you need to search for a solid diagnosis from a certified medical professional . This message board is not a substitute for a medical consultation.
      You need to have a lot of blood tests. You should get vitamin D, B-12 and Lyme disease tests . A CBC and any other blood tests that your doctor can think of should be done. That is just for starters. I am willing to bet money that your vitamin D levels are lower than 30 ng/Ml. Good luck

Comment

Hi Chrisjr08

What I found about MS is that the Dr's don't just come out with "you have MS" until you have more than 1 episode, I had it for years even after being diagnosed and still didn't know I was just told some have these lesions and have MS some have them and don't have MS, the biggest problem trying to diagnose is there are sooo many symptoms similar to other health problems, I bet everyone here has some different symptoms to each other, as the nerves are attacked and different combos of these and there are so many.

Waking up blind for 2 hours then settling down? I don't know about this as my symptoms build up over a period of time before going sometimes lasting a year or more but never on and off but as I said everyone is different.
        I have heard of others with MS and MRI still clear
        I also twitch my right shoulder, and have had carpel tunnel symptoms but caused from a spinal lesion not my carpel as such, It doesn't make sense sometimes I know at the moment I have a few problems, but one my left hand isn't working now I treat this area even though I know the problem is somewhere in my nerves not my hand and now I'm rambling
        keep fighting for answers it may not be MS but it is something that needs to be sorted out and get a neurologist that you are happy with and trust that is the secret of beating this good luck Craig

Comment

Working...
        X