Hello MS World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello MS World

I have MS. It's not a sentence I'm fond of uttering.

I received a confirmed diagnosis of RRMS about 9 months ago... after nine years of runaround from a neurologist who neglected to read an MRI 9 years ago, and judged that I didn't have MS I was just fat (a quote),

I had given up on doctors. About 18 months ago I put my back out and wound up in the ER. The attending doc saw some things that concerned him and ordered an MRI.

I was referred to a new neurologist. He looked at the two MRIs and a ton of blood work, listened to some history and concluded that I should have been diagnosed years ago.

After diagnosis, when trying to track history with a nurse in a clinic, I learned that I probably had symptoms of optic neuritis more than 20 years ago.

MS is kind of like when someone observes a paranormal event, most of the symptoms I experienced could be explained by so many other things. And just like seeing a ghost, everything else seemed so much more credible than MS.

So, that's me. You'd think that after all this time I'd be prepared to live with MS.

But, I'm not. I'm probably the least understanding and forgiving of me of all the people in my life who are aware I have MS. I'm the one who looks at myself and thinks I don't look sick, I'm just lazy... the disease won't kill me, hubris just might

I am Canadian, never married and am sole parent to an incredible 18 year old girl. Despite this rather grim post, I'm actually pretty easy going, positive, optimistic and have a great sense of humor.

I guess what I hope to find by joining this forum is a bit of peace.

I don't like having to slow down or adjust to the reality that my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be... and there are days I just have no energy to function.

I'm hoping that by talking to others who are affected by MS I can learn to reconcile with my body... and cope a little better during times when my brain isn't on speaking terms with the rest of my body.

Thank you for listening.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

MS does require an adjustment, we can fight it or try to make it work. I alternate between the two.lol

Looking forwards to getting to know you and your MS journey better.

Comment

Working...
      X