Hi everyone! :) I'm new to this site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! :) I'm new to this site...

I was dx @ 18. Just turned 33. RRMS @ 1st. Changed twice in past yr. SPMS 1st time. PRMS most recent.
    I'm a mother of 2 wild yet good little boys 4 & 8
    Been married since 6m b4 dx to my Jr high/high school sweetheart.
    Life is tough & hurts every day, but this great guy I'm married to taught me real quick to always concentrate on what IS good in life
    Hello everyone, first time on this site for me. Look forward to speaking w any other MSers!

Hi Jessica and welcome!

Love your positive outlook. Can't wait to get to hear more of your story.

Comment

Hello, jessicaW, glad that you found us . We, progressives, are in a special club ! I'm PPMS and am waiting for the day when we will have FDA approved treatments. Good luck

Comment

WELCOME TO MS WORLD JESSICAW!!! we are very pleased to have you here. You are a pro when it comes to MS, and you are only 33! I am glad that you have such a good supportive husband, your story is very uplifting! Look around and get familiar with our site, also if you are interested, there is a schedule chat every night at 8 PM EST, here is a link that will lead to directly to the chat schedule, http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Tia1

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
          Hi Jessica and welcome!

Love your positive outlook. Can't wait to get to hear more of your story.
          Ask anything in this horrid book of MS & I will be more than happy to share my personal experiences. . .
          I wouldn't mind learning more about you, just so as to not feel so alone, U know?

Comment

Hunterd

Huterd thanks for the warm welcome to this very confusing to me site! I sure look forward to any/all interactions I will be provided the honor to take part in! Must thank you for invite to take part in at 7c nightly. But unfortunately I must confess that at that time I am usually running around like a chicken w my head cut off providing baths for boys in prep for next school day. Hurriedly working to get my bedtime meds in my system just so I may rest. Usually merely min past my kids bedtime which happens to be at 8c. My long winded response boils down to fact that I'm usually on my way to being asleep by 8c every night

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
            WELCOME TO MS WORLD JESSICAW!!! we are very pleased to have you here. You are a pro when it comes to MS, and you are only 33! I am glad that you have such a good supportive husband, your story is very uplifting! Look around and get familiar with our site, also if you are interested, there is a schedule chat every night at 8 PM EST, here is a link that will lead to directly to the chat schedule, http://www.msworld.org/community/cha...hat-room-info/

Comment

Hi Jessica,

I've been rediagnosed officially for a couple of years, was told that I had MS from my primary care doctor a long time ago, but Neurologist didn't agree at the time. I would say a good ten years or more though.

I am the queen of flip flop which puts me in a special category of people that no one wants to listen too. I am working on that, and will be requesting a second opinion next month when I go to the doctor. Most of the symptoms that I have can be explained by other problems which the treatment is very different. So I tend to get fearful that I am treating the wrong thing and making it worse.

I don't suffer from anxiety, just am concerned about doing harm to myself with taking medications that may or may not help (Sigh!) or doing harm to myself by doing nothing.

I hope that a second opinion will point me in the right direction. I also see a Rheumatologist on a regular basis for a condition where MS is a big no no for most treatments.

I am looking forward to getting more informed and taking as much control as possible over my life.

I will be celebrating my 30th anniversary in August to a wonderful man, that has no clue about MS.I am mother to 5 kids and the younger two has no idea I have MS or anything else to deal with, except being mom to them, they are 14 and 15 with moderate/severe special needs.

Like most of us, I don't have time to be sick or tired, but am both, at the moment. lol!

I have been laying around the house the last three or four days due to severe muscle spasms whenever I move around to much and am feeling both blessed to be able to take it easy and irritated that I don't have enough answers.

Anyway…..you asked

Comment

JerryD

Good morning JerryD, at least from here in southern, absolute bottom of Al.Guess my hopes are too BIG for the studies in MS? My eyes r on the prize for a cure! This only being based on fact that hepc has a cure so suddenly. But I have been quoted as saying, I'm excelling w MS?! Being stated this way based on my graduating #1! In high school. This is my finding a brighter side? But yep I sure agree w ya about us progressives bein in our own unfortunate to be in club. But I'm sure happy to be able to be in contact w any others who actually do understand my plight.

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                Hello, jessicaW, glad that you found us . We, progressives, are in a special club ! I'm PPMS and am waiting for the day when we will have FDA approved treatments. Good luck

Comment

Tia1

Yes ma'am I asked. Thank you for sharing more of your story w me! Better believe how I do have anxiety probs. I personally think it has lots to do w all these MS drugs I've been on through the yrs. But I'm uneducated, so why listen to me right?whew is what I thought & said aloud when reading of your 5 kids! I stopped at a mere 2. Had 1 pregnancy b4 dx, but was busy being young & dumb doin drugs. So I saw loss of first baby as a blessing? Then had dx few m later. Was on meds 5 yrs before choosing to become mom. Now I have an 8 & 4yr old.4 yr old will b turning 5 this month! I constantly repeat how I wouldn't move if I wasn't mom! Fear it when they move out.

Originally posted by Tia1 View Post
                  Hi Jessica,

I've been rediagnosed officially for a couple of years, was told that I had MS from my primary care doctor a long time ago, but Neurologist didn't agree at the time. I would say a good ten years or more though.

I am the queen of flip flop which puts me in a special category of people that no one wants to listen too. I am working on that, and will be requesting a second opinion next month when I go to the doctor. Most of the symptoms that I have can be explained by other problems which the treatment is very different. So I tend to get fearful that I am treating the wrong thing and making it worse.

I don't suffer from anxiety, just am concerned about doing harm to myself with taking medications that may or may not help (Sigh!) or doing harm to myself by doing nothing.

I hope that a second opinion will point me in the right direction. I also see a Rheumatologist on a regular basis for a condition where MS is a big no no for most treatments.

I am looking forward to getting more informed and taking as much control as possible over my life.

I will be celebrating my 30th anniversary in August to a wonderful man, that has no clue about MS.I am mother to 5 kids and the younger two has no idea I have MS or anything else to deal with, except being mom to them, they are 14 and 15 with moderate/severe special needs.

Like most of us, I don't have time to be sick or tired, but am both, at the moment. lol!

I have been laying around the house the last three or four days due to severe muscle spasms whenever I move around to much and am feeling both blessed to be able to take it easy and irritated that I don't have enough answers.

Anyway…..you asked

Comment

couple more things

Noticed while reading then rereading you post that you didn't mention tests. Just dx from primary Dr. Have you had mri or spinal tap?

QUOTE=Tia1;1489269]Hi Jessica,

Anyway…..you asked[/QUOTE]

Comment

I had all of the usual testing including blood work to rule out other problems and an lp. I seem to keep adding the "rare" symptoms to my list and that is the biggest reason for my flip, could this all be explained by another condition.

No matter….will be seeking a second opinion this year.

Your kids are such a fun age. I have two adorable five year old grandchildren.

Comment

Working...
                      X